CD & DVD vlc media player

john!

DW Regular
Reaction score
i have downloaded a movie that wont play in any other software but vlc media player i have trieed to burn to disc and convert but wont let me or ends up scrambbled any any ideas ?

hi speak to reddevil he is a wizz with pcs and downloading things he will be here in the morning and tomorrow evening
: multi :

What are the file extensions?

hi thanx m8 they r bin and media but if i open it with media pl./nero show time or power dvd it says unsupported but with vlc it plays, wont let me convert or burn,.."not recocnised

Usually when you have a .bin file you have a .cue file to accompany it. These are cd/dvd image files. VLC plays it because it's super duper and will play anything you ask it to. Any burning software should burn these, but if the .cue file is missing it might not like it.

You could also open up the image file using ISOBuster or Daemon Tools. You might be able to extract the movie from it once opened using one of these programs.

power iso regocnises only the vcl file , but i made the bin file from vcl power iso extracts file from vcl but wont play or burn it , confusing aint it ?

Try using nero vision - when you add the video file you will need to change it to see all file types first. Add the bin file and it will convert it for you!!

you could also try burning the image to disk using nero.

go to them menu recorder/burn image

then browse the folder where yur film is stored.

select the file that is visible..ie .cue file.

burn.

chances are its a vcd disk and the player is playing the image of it.

Or just right click on the cue file and say open with Nero burning rom. That works much faster for me.

Back