Vladimir Weiss

RANGERS have completed their biggest signing in eight years wth the capture of Nikica Jelavic tonight from Rapid Vienna.

The Croatian striker successfully came through a medical after agreeing personal terms with the club on a four-year contract.

Rangers had agreed a fee of £4million yesterday with Rapid and are now hoping their application for a work permit will be smooth and quick.

Jelavic will not be able to play against Hibs at Easter Road on Sunday but it is hoped that he would have clearance to face St Johnstone at Ibrox on August 28.

Failing that it would be the Hamilton game at New Douglas Park on September 11 after the international break before be could make his first appearance for Rangers.

The fantastic piece of business represents the biggest deal the club has done since the signing of Mikel Arteta in 2002.

Walter Smith had been tracking the player all summer and now there is a sweat on to see if he will be eligible for the Champions League.

If Aston Villa eliminate his former club Rapid from the Europa League then he is free to play. If the opposite happens he is not.

Walter Smith had been tracking the player all summer and now there is a sweat on to see if he will be eligible for the Champions League.

If Aston Villa eliminate his former club Rapid from the Europa League then he is free to play. If the opposite happens he is not.

How does that work then? He played (& scored) for Rapid in the previous round surely he's cup-tied this season?

Seems a great signing though, looks like a bloody decent goal-scorer.

HH

Jesus its hard enough understanding you lot, i cant even say his bloody name :(

949123ECd01.jpg
158CD23Dd01.jpg

A522F97Fd01.jpg
8971DED5d01.jpg

4m for a guy with 1 competitve cap for croatia :) aye the croatian kyle laugh erty

as long as he keeps up the scoring record that he has against Celtic, He'll do for me.

wesign.gif

pissinnng.gif

to be honest weiss looked class today and to be fair as did forrest at celtic (hopefully the new mcgeady but i wont get carried away)

Back