vista wish someone had told me

just had a crafty peek at someone elses laptop battery here from a tecra, 5100mAh and lasts for a whole day on battery.

just had a crafty peek at someone elses laptop battery here from a tecra, 5100mAh and lasts for a whole day on battery.

Suppose it depends what you do on said lappy. I just felt it was really hungry but I am usually downloading stuff, converting it and burning it or transfering it to media center, usually 3 or 4 things going on most of the times. At saying that...anyone that asks me about Vista I always say to give it a good few months use before making any decisions.

true, most people here who still have vista machines use them on the wlan for rdp constantly.

My work PC has Vista Enterprise on it and I'm using Vista Home Premium at home on the laptop

Not had any major issues with it. A few problems getting some apps to work but nothing else. However my colleague sat next to me at work has had no end of troubles with it.

It definately does seem to be a hit and miss product

I initially had vista premium on laptop i bought.
After a couple months i put xp pro on as i was much more familiar with product but am moving back to vista mainly as a lot of the machine is set round vista and tbh i am only needing to surf and watch xvids when i am away as all else done with desktop running xp

Must admit that i'm reaaly quite happy with Vista. However it is very resource hungry, though there are ways to reduce this, such as shutting off the gadgets (amazing how hungry they can be).

Yep, you've really got to have the hardware for Vista. My old 1.8ghz Sempron Laptop, with 2gb DDR, just can't cope. It's not awful or shocking on the lappy, but it's too much for it to handle, especially seeing as it's only got a 40gb HDD, and I've split that in two, so 20gb for Vista....? No...!

My desktop on the otherhand copes with Vista just fine.

I still use XP on all units here, but I've not nothing seriously against Vista. I think it's ok, nothing more, nothing less...

i really like vista
myself, i think it is the best OS out there. esp since serice pack 1, awesome !

It has its problems, but its definitely a good OS. I just installed a 4gb readyboost drive yesterday and now things are flying along very quickly!

i actualy like vista i havnt had many problems but when i built this i made sure everything was vista certified.

I can find some of the extra security features annoying having to approve everything etc and i had a problem were i had the wrong time zone so it stopped a program working thats it though all in all pretty good.

i actualy like vista i havnt had many problems but when i built this i made sure everything was vista certified.

I can find some of the extra security features annoying having to approve everything etc and i had a problem were i had the wrong time zone so it stopped a program working thats it though all in all pretty good.

Microsoft don't recommend it, but you can turn UAC off.

Microsoft don't recommend it, but you can turn UAC off.

yeah thats right bud i had to turn it off to get TVersity to work so i can stream media to the ps3 and now i have an annoying red shield with an x in on task bar but i can live with that.

You can turn the sheild off too, but you won't be notified should your AV go out of date or firewall become disabled etc.

Control Panel > Security Center > Change the way Security Center alerts me > Disable.

You can turn the sheild off too, but you won't be notified should your AV go out of date or firewall become disabled etc.

Control Panel > Security Center > Change the way Security Center alerts me > Disable.

ty for that

Back