Vista-what's the point?

rutters

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Just bought a new Laptop with Vista installed and so far can't see any dramatic improvements on XP.

Could anyone tell me the advantages and also could I go back to XP?

cheers

There are a large number of improvements on XP

Finding drivers is a dream with vista.
Dreamscape quite cool. (when it works that is)
DX10 :)

Just to name a few.

Just bought a new Laptop with Vista installed and so far can't see any dramatic improvements on XP.

Could anyone tell me the advantages and also could I go back to XP?

cheers

But it's got lots of pretty themes and colours,and it goes doo doo when it starts up..
Seriously though,the first thing i do when i buy a laptop/pc is get rid of Vista,it does seem to find drivers easier...but what's the point of that if your still stuck with Vista... i gave it a few months and liked it less each day...

Thanks chaps..firstly What's Dreamscape? and secondly can I put XP back on with a bootable disc?

cheers

Last edited:
Vista is here to stay. All efforts by software and hardware vendors are devoted to produce compatible products. More and more support is available. Computer magazines are full of vista topics.

Dont make hasty decisions. Use it for a month or so if you don't like it talk to laptop supplier to replace with xp.

thanks guys..

wots fdisc?

what'll happen is I run a XP bootdisc?

cheers

I really do not like vista, but i only use it cause of DX10, due to my gaming addiction :p

so if you were to boot from an xp disk on a vista pc/lappy you would be able to format through that wouldnt you?? or have ms done somthing ???

so if you were to boot from an xp disk on a vista pc/lappy you would be able to format through that wouldnt you?? or have ms done somthing ???

It's just the same as if you were formatting a pc with XP already on, just stick your xp cd in and boot up...

There are a large number of improvements on XP

Finding drivers is a dream with vista.

When you say 'dream' I assume you mean NIGHTMARE. ;)

I dunno, Vista was just too slow and clumsy for me, the basic system overheads are attrcious.

It was a lot of trouble trying to get drivers for it, I've not bothered with it for months now, judging by your post Microsoft have re-written it from scratch and given it a second release. :)

The only improvements i can see on Vista is the enhanced visual look, apart from that it's offers nothing tangible over XP SP2

you need 2 gig of ram min for vista to run somewhat decent in my opinion but 2 gigs of ram on xp is the sweet spot

Back