Vista runtime error - Help please

fletcher

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have bought a HP laptop with Vista Home premium on it, but every time I start it up, ig et the following faults:

Error

A Runtime error has occured
Do you wish to debug?

Line 180
Error: 'SettingsClosed' is undefined

At this point I click yes

I then get this meesage:

Microsoft Visual Studio Debugger

An exception occured. Process will be terminated. (Exception address is 00413E6C)

I then click ok

I then get the following message:

Just in time Debugging

An exception 'Runtime Error' has occurred in Script.

However, no debuggers are registered that can debug this exception. Unable to JIT debug.

I click OK

and get the original message back:

Error

A Runtime error has occured
Do you wish to debug?

Line 180
Error: 'SettingsClosed' is undefined

Click yes

And then it goes away.

Sorry for the long winded thread, but it is a bit annoying every time you start up, does anyone know how to resolve this?

Any help appreciated.

Fletcher

You can try this m8

To enable/disable Just-In-Time debugging
  1. Open Visual Studio
  2. On the Tools menu, click Options.
  3. In the Options dialog box, select the Debugging folder.
  4. In the Debugging folder, select the Just-In-Time page.
  5. In the Enable Just-In-Time debugging of these types of code box, select or clear the relevant program types: Managed, Native, or Script.
  6. To disable Just-In-Time debugging, once it has been enabled, you must be running with Administrator privileges. Enabling Just-In-Time debugging sets a registry key, and Administrator privileges are required to change that key.
  7. Click OK.

Thanks for the reply, I have gone into programmes and MS Visual Studio is not installed. It must be linked to another programme in the computer. I will try to dl it and install it to see if that sorts it out with your advice.

Thanks

Fletcher

Back