dont do it it"ll hurt

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
am trying tosort a vista pc that the owner has forgot admin password
i have tried hirens cd 10.1 and ophcrack
no joy with hirens at all
so i got ophcrack and i get ' No partition containing hashes found '
i have been following this part of a tut i found ' If your partition is already mounted, it means that ophcrack was not able to find your Windows directory. So start ophcrack by entering the command "ophcrack" and use the "Load from encrypted SAM" menu entry to navigate to your /mnt/.../*Windows directory*/system32/config directory.' but cannot find - *Windows directory*/system32/config directory - i find mnt but not the rest
any ideas as this is starting to get on my t))s and i feel like a window getting smashed with a pc lol
thanks in advance

Use Active Password Changer on Hirens - seems to always work for me

EDIT : can you view the hard disk structure? it should be c:\windows\system32 or c:\winnt\system32.

(been a while since i seen vista - did they use the NT folder name? i can't remember)

sorry for double post but i used kon to get into the account ( admin ) is there any way to change this way as the guy has forgot his pass
tried to create a pass but wont let me

make sure the drive isnt in ahci mode - if it is then you wont get a password to change as it cant see the drive correctly without an ahci driver loaded before the password app

just to let you know i was working on this got somewhere but ended up with message saying - windows not found - when using hirens boot cd v11 so not sure what is wrong with it tbh

Back