virus + spyware

aRo

Member ++
Reaction score
when I'm using the internet browser, arent I vulnerable to these?

does the ps3 have its own protection?

thanks

when I'm using the internet browser, arent I vulnerable to these?

does the ps3 have its own protection?

thanks

No, because the PS3 does not have an OS that is currently vulnerable like Windows

It might be possible that someone could write a virus etc to damage the PS3, but unlikely

No, because the PS3 does not have an OS that is currently vulnerable like Windows

It might be possible that someone could write a virus etc to damage the PS3, but unlikely

If you find someone who can do that or hear about it ask them why they aint hacked it to play backups :Chainsaw:

ok - just that I used the browser to go to youtube and it asked me if I wanted to run the javascript (or something similar) to view the videos - so i thought mmm is this telling me that there might be a risk in running this...?

so i guess its ok...

thanks

If you find someone who can do that or hear about it ask them why they aint hacked it to play backups :Chainsaw:

Yup if someone can write a virus on the PS3 then that person would know the ins and outs of the PS3 OS so would therefore probably be able to exploit it, and obviously that hasn't happened yet

I think the browser has some sort of protection built in too.by trend micro if i remember correctly.

Back