Virmin Media

So i basically state i can not afford it and have to cancel, i have been with them since i have had net tbh, over 10 years easily

Do exactly that but also take a look HERE for the latest comparable deal and mention you are thinking of swapping to them. If they don't sort you out there and then cancel and wait for a retention call. @bilabonic

Having taken a look on Martin Lewis there aren't a lot of good deals at the moment.
I would keep checking up until March, there was a lot a sweet deals a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
just phone them up and say you have been paid off work and you are having problems paying your virgin bill and gas ect, see what they offer you as you have been a loyal customer, don't take the firts offer and just lay it on think I'm really having finanshional problems, probs better waiting till your contact has fun out first

Last edited:
I'll be heading down this route shortly mines due up with Virgin 11th March. When's the best time to phone-moan about been Covid skint ? is it a month before ?.
I also got the "You are in the top 10% of the countries users" really on a 100mbps line ?? I don't think they understand PlayStation and xboxes. Some of these games my lot download are huge.

There's no way I'm paying over £40 not a chance. If I have do I will go through with cancellation then get the wife to sign up as its in my name. I've a Tivo box that, when it reboots you can go for a dump, have a brew, and do a bit of shopping.

In these difficult times and everythings done by internet & phones how the hell can they charge more ?. Over the last 12 months the Internet is what everyone has relied on to communicate with and they've woke up to it and thought "They need it let's hit em!!"

I would phone up 30 days before your contract ends and give your notice and I would give the same reason as Spud advised. Then wait for the retention team to phone you.

Best phone now , gove them a chance but have a decent backup supplier to quote their prices

Superdrug do a chip that is umlimed data on the 3 network for £20.00 on PAYG. It just depends what speed you can get on the 3 network.

I get about 20mb with my 3 sim which I tether my android box to
Thats enough to stream movies and live footie

When they say unlimited do they mean unlimited or is it the old "its down to our discretion".
Some say unlimited but in the very small print if you currently hit a certain amount they sipulate you flag up followed by a text or email telling you to calm it.
I once had a sim ages ago, unlimited. Once I hit 4gb I got a warning text.

You could get a sim card from another network and put it in a wifi dongle , i used 3 network which was fine. Still got the dongle and its open to any network, see whats best for your area and you can borrow my dongle (ooo err missus) , just find who else gives you a good signal. @bilabonic

Like a MiFi thingy? I'm on Three myself, bloody great company who actually reward you for loyalty, unlike Virmin!

Could i link that that to Ethernet?

Have you a link for one??

Thanks

Like a MiFi thingy? I'm on Three myself, bloody great company who actually reward you for loyalty, unlike Virmin!

Could i link that that to Ethernet?

Thanks
It's wireless only, sim card inserted job done

I lay it on heavy with them as spud stated. Lost job, Covid etc and cancel, i presume i will be directed to retentions immediately, i will state the same with them, fookin detest Virmin and Branson.

Take a look HERE @bilabonic The 3 dongles are HERE.

Here's an Ebay 4g one for £13.50 any network.

I've used 3 for pay as you go for a few years, but to be honest I'm going to switch when my credit is up, as they have just trippled the cost for calls, txt's and mb's.

Last edited:
Reactions: gez
Back