Virmin 50mb

janobi

Janet to us
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up for people using this service, its no longer unlimited, they have changed the T&Cs and have implemented a fair usage policy. Only really going to affect really heavy users, but a heads up none the less.

Letters are being sent out to heavy users, asking for them to download after 9pm as it is affecting the network.

i got this not long agao to stop this capping!!! where are you seeing this as on the virgin site it still says n/a to traffic management on the 50mb option.

swanny

NIICCE, well there goes there one year contract that they stuck me to :) as if the change the t&c there in breach

I'm sure i am missing the obvious but dont see anything on that page that says the 50mb package has changed.

swanny

can you get the upgrade just to 50 meg as an existing customer, i have tv xl,phone anytime,broadband (20 meg i think) plus 2 mobile phones:proud:

He works for them so he knows before its released :)

oh well at least i wasnt missing the obvious on the page!!! still sucks though! i assume they are allowed to do this as their t&C's will say subject to change!!!.

i just dont get why they would do this when i read the other week they were ready to introduce much higher speeds to support online hd viewing and 3d viewing etc!!!

swanny

We all knew the robbing twats would do this in end wot speeds they brining out next 200mb oh please lol wot a joke they be capping that next

Acceptable use policy applies

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Thats a bit hard to read mate.

"3.2.1. Virgin Media does not place a limit on monthly network usage. However, in isolated cases (currently less than 0.1% of customers) where excessive network usage at busy times (9am to 9pm) is having a detrimental effect on other users, we may need to take appropriate action in accordance with the terms of this AUP to notify users of the impact they are having and require them to move some of their activity into the less busy period."

Its just a heads up, and wont affect the majority of people. Just posting the info I have.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Virgin Media does not place a limit on monthly network usage. However, in isolated cases (currently less than 0.1% of customers) where excessive network usage at busy times (9am to 9pm) is having a detrimental effect on other users, we may need to take appropriate action in accordance with the terms of this AUP to notify users of the impact they are having and require them to move some of their activity into the less busy period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

surely thats not what they are getting worked up about is it!!!!!!!!!!

swanny

Well im still trying to find some reason for them to do this!!! and was wondering if that post about vm's t&c'S i just dont get it as it was their biggest selling point for 50mb and now less than 6 months now im not allowed to download what i want?????

Well im still trying to find some reason for them to do this!!! and was wondering if that post about vm's t&c'S i just dont get it as it was their biggest selling point for 50mb and now less than 6 months now im not allowed to download what i want?????

Thats the way of the network mate. It will go unlimited again when they roll out 100mb speeds. LIke I said unless your hammering it, then I wouldn't worry, and this is just a heads up bud.

oh well at least i wasnt missing the obvious on the page!!! still sucks though! i assume they are allowed to do this as their t&C's will say subject to change!!!.

i just dont get why they would do this when i read the other week they were ready to introduce much higher speeds to support online hd viewing and 3d viewing etc!!!

swanny

From what I understand they are just asking heavy users to move their big downloads to after 9pm. ????

As for HD viewing and 3D, my guess is that will be happening from VM own servers/network so no load on their traffic to internet. Like BBC iPlayer stuff which I believe is cached by VM and not coming off BBC servers.

Thats the way of the network mate. It will go unlimited again when they roll out 100mb speeds. LIke I said unless your hammering it, then I wouldn't worry, and this is just a heads up bud.

yeah fair enough mate ive got you on that front!!!! rubbish though it may be im not sure there is anything we can do about it!!!!!

swanny

well i have only had it 2 months and a few problems withn dropout.
I am not a high user maybe 100 gig max a month but i like to get hd movies when i see them.
I am on a month to month contract so see if i get capped.
I am also away 6 month a yr and wife doesnt utilise it so i will kick up.

i'n on 10mb and do on average 60gb per month and i'm not even trying to download a lot. HD movies, tv packs, etc. throttling doesn't bother me

Back