Virgin V6 box Owners

Napster

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm having trouble with my v6 box I have called virgin and explained but I don't think they have a fecking clue one chap (English) blamed the sound bar.

anyway what's happing now this started after I had the superhub 3 installed when watching the TV the talking it misses words like stutting and the screen flickers black, now I have changed HDMI lead even disconnected sound bar but it still does it if I reboot box its fine for a bit then starts again, the last engineer said it could be the TV but any other devise is fine perfect picture and sound.

anyone having trouble or give advise on what it could be would be a great help

cheers

Sounds like the box on its way out or signal levels too low?

Took delivery of V6 box and set it up today. My V6 is right below the wall mounted TV same place the previous Tivo box was.
Used same HDMI cables as previously (as these are plugged in behind TV...didn't want to take TV off wall bracket).
TV was flickering, sound issues, etc. Found a solution by moving the HDMI lead to a different HDMI socket on side of TV.
Or you could try moving your V6 further away from TV / sound bar.

The engineers check make and model of my TV moved v6 to HDMI 3 and now it's perfect

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Strange, my Sony has to have uhd stuff in hdmi 3 but it never caused any picture issues in any other socket, apart from not being in 4k.

Glad your sorted

I know some of the older say around 2-3 years old 4K Panels from different manufacturers only had one HDMI with HDCP 2.2 specification where as now nearly all new TV's espicially 4K ones have HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 spec built in.

As the V6 box is 4K compatible and thus requires the HDCP 2.2 handshake then this is what probably happens, I know a mate who has a 3 year old Samsung 4K LCD which also only has 1 HDCP 2.2 specced HDMI port and yes you guessed it its HDMI 3

Back