Virgin update ex cw 41042

sherlock

Inactive User
Reaction score
The above net id is now on virgin media software should anyone like to update box.

Suspect it will be busy tonight, as as it has taken out fun card on up date but mosc seems ok.

Some boxes (1000/2000 failed to update!!!
so my m8's are telling me.

sorry m8 but this is a load of crap i am on that id and useing fun card so who ever told you that has got an imagination the size of pompy harbour

Firmware is not necessarily released at the same time for all platforms, for example in my area the Sammy 2110 has been on Virgin for quite a while now but the 2100 is still on the older ntl firmware (and not even a forced update will sort it - I had to change the netid to get the Virgin firmware on the 2100)

sorry m8 but this is a load of crap i am on that id and useing fun card so who ever told you that has got an imagination the size of pompy harbour

well sorry for the effort as i have virgin media updated software on my sammy on 41042.

So not CRAP.

Have you re booted you box.

The above net id is now on virgin media software should anyone like to update box.

Suspect it will be busy tonight, as as it has taken out fun card on up date but mosc seems ok.

Some boxes (1000/2000 failed to update!!!
so my m8's are telling me.

you said that in our area funs have been taken out on the update
well i am on the same id and useing a fun and on vm update and still working fine on 3 boxs

Can confirm about VM update now being on 41042. Booted Sammy 2100c this afternoon and it updated to VM.

yes it is m8 i can confirm but what i was saying is that fun have not been hit by the vm update
I can confirm that i can not get a fun working on a sammy just black screen and free chans, just been helping a m8 and had to use a mosc. don't know why but wont run on his box.

My sammy from loft works with a fun.

I can confirm that i can not get a fun working on a sammy just black screen and free chans, just been helping a m8 and had to use a mosc. don't know why but wont run on his box.

My sammy from loft works with a fun.

there must be a problem with the box as i have 2 sammys working with fun and you have 1 so it must be box have you tried to reset it ( short bat ) then set id and checked it all then did fun ??

if your in portsmouth or southampton area Virgin are having problems with channels going off and freezing according to there helpline and engineers are trying to sort out

just tried a spair box i have and it took alot longer to pair the card and box took 10 mins where as it is usually 5 mins so you may have to leave it a little longer

just tried a spair box i have and it took alot longer to pair the card and box took 10 mins where as it is usually 5 mins so you may have to leave it a little longer

Had left in for an hour after re writing, it was paired and working prior to update then on update killed card and only free chans.

just gave him a mosc had sitting all working no probs, will have a further play some time.

when you do try again m8 try a forced update and use another flash ( same one for your area but new one if that makes sense )

Re-booted my sammy 2100 tonight and updated to VM ,and i only get FTA channels with my TIT2 was ok before it updated

nyck

rebooted my box it updated and i still receive all channels using funcard(havant area)(sammy2100)

Seems it may be to do with the image used on fun card, as didn't use same on mosc. may have to start playing with images again, when i have time.

Re-booted my sammy 2100 tonight and updated to VM ,and i only get FTA channels with my TIT2 was ok before it updated

nyck
Thanks for that nyck, thought i'd done something wrong, so not just my m8 went wrong.

are you rebooting box with card in if so it will not work lads
take card out then reboot with forced update then when updated put card in
this defo works

Just tried it on my pace 2000 and it seems to be no different.

The forced update lasted about 30 seconds and it re-booted as normal???

Back