Virgin up prices

Your package now includes:
Player TV (M) - Virgin TV V6 Box. and Home phone - VIVID 350 Optical Fibre
Your new monthly bundle cost is: £44.00

Bet thats not including line rental @joe516 is your phone talk anytime mate.

Last edited:
we left because of it. everytime i negotiated and lower bill it always seem to creep back up for one thing or another. things we dont want or need i was happy with talktalk its starting to fk up discontecting and restarting a couple of times a day will they send a new router for free?

Just been told no additional deal available and the upfront line rental saving is ending at the beginning of December. So price is going up but no change to my service.

I have just got off the phone with Virgin, they rang me to offer me a discount/reward. They offered me 350M broadband and a V6 box with Sports package including BT for £61pm instead of £93.
I asked her how can it be a reward when you are actually asking me to increase my monthly fee by £10 and giving me a tv box I haven't asked for. Felt a bit sorry for her really as I let her go through her routine first.

I hate paying £51 for my broadband and will not pay any more so looks like I'll have to drop speed. Haven't got a landline and don't want one so I'm stuck with them.

i took the landline as it was cheaper, its a voip line and has never had a phone connect i pay £37 for 350Mb normally see 380/37

I'm on 200mb @ £36.00 per month including line rental. Last year I got the a similar letter about the price going up but as I was in a 12 month contract they did not increase it. I wonder if it only affects those not in a contract?

I've just started a 12 month contract and a letter came in this week to say the price is going up £2.50 per month.

I hope you had their deal @ £18.75 for NEW customers only...
Fookin hate Virmin rip off..
Compare Best Broadband Deals: Broadband Unbundled MSE

No, I've been a customer for years. At the moment, I'm on 50b broadband with talk weekends for £37 a month going up to £39.50 in September. That's with a £5 discount for being a loyal customer. But now that they must compensate for loss of service, I will be ringing them up to report any fault at all on my broadband or phone.

i cancelled and re set up in wife's maiden name £29 for minimum tv 100mb and phone(voip), £120 quidco so £19 a month overall

I told them i wanted to do this, they came out with load of bollox that i would be without internet, would have to return my modem then pay an installation fee..lol

yeah i never told them i was doing it, told a porky that i was moving overseas, other half signed up via quidco the next day, kids did go crazy without internet for 2 hours!!!

Well i have been paying £42 a month for the M100 package since the £3 increase 6 months ago. Today i got a letter telling me there is another £3.50 increase from the 1st of September.
So ive called them and said i want to cancel, whilst on hold an automated voice telling me if ive been effected by the latest price increase press option 1 to receive a £2 discount for 6 months with no changes to my contract....when i finaly got through to an advisor he said he will see what he can do...he came back with deal of £29 a month for the first 2 months then £33 a month for the remaining 10 months...guaranteed not to go up during this period...and £25 credit on my account so my next bill will only be £4....

Im happy with that but why make price increases in the first place when they can slash them like that instantly?

Reactions: gez
It's a joke. It simply doesn't need to be as complicated as this.

I've just signed up to 12 month M200 package for £38 month, plus £50 credit which covered setup fee and chunk of 1st months bill.

Day before they were to install they called to say it was off due to blockage for cable pull through and needed council permit for work.

The next day (orig install) woken up by 2 blokes outside drilling away said they were doing the fix. Phoned VM for week afterwards telling them, but the kept saying they didn't know about it and had to wait for permit. Tracked it all, permit came and went, nobody turned up, and then got call saying it was all done.

Engineer came that weekend and installed no problem. So the cable had been sitting there for 6 weeks, ready since original install date.

Just checked account and they've credited me over £200 quid in compensation! I'm not complaining but what a way to run a business!

Anyway, point is my M200 package is still cheaper than what @Kryton had been paying for his M100, as a loyal customer. Go figure 😲

gez how much do you pay in advance for the 12 months line rental.
seems a better deal than mine .
ime paying £51 100meg flat arse tv package , and phone thats never used . ...................Paul

Wow!! is that your average uploaded speed. That is shocking I get over 15 times that speed on my phone.

That's virgins 50 meg speeds yes. It does me, I don't torrent or anything that requires a lot of uploading, and if I do I use that thing that people these days don't seem have, I'm patient.

If you want a price reduction and your out of contract see post 4 here Virgin Media price advise

I got mine down to £29 - note it is a 12 month contract BUT they will give me that price for 18 months.

Attachments

• Virgin_LI.jpg
    Virgin_LI.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 14
Back