Virgin up prices

gez

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mines going up £3.50 in September, for that im on mid tv, 100 meg broadband and anytime calls all for £36.50 going up to £40., i pay the line rental 12 mths in advance. Hows everyone else doing.

100 mb suits my needs, she like the recording functions on the v6 box and house phone is used alot with elderly relatives and friends w ho dont have mobiles to contact us.

Usual pish with there price hikes. Im only 350meg for £38 but thinking about that ultimate-oomph-bundlel threw a mates rate. Daughters on 3 sim for £20 a month so maybe change her number over to virgin sim card ya get and take the hit for the extra doe they want but on the site its £99 so hopefully get bit cheaper but there a pain in the arse for all this new customer pish

Have VM's offerings just changed again? I'm sure 50Mb went to 70Mb ages ago and there was a 150Mb option.

Now it's M50, M100, M200 and M350.

Was there an upload speed increase on, what was VIVID350, to 35Mb from 20Mb or am I imagining that?

Last edited:
You lot have it handy as i pay e62 for 240mb broadband.

I was reading about B4RN broadband in Cumbria a few weeks ago, £30 a month for Gb up and down.
Just googled it, what an incredible scheme. Pity it's only available in that area. Probably not physically viable in built up areas anyway as I suppose it relies on a rural setting for ease of cabling.
The one off payment of £150 is a steal for having the fibre optics laid up to your property.

Have VM's offerings just changed again? I'm sure 50Mb went to 70Mb ages ago and there was a 150Mb option.

Was there an upload speed increase on, what was VIVID350, to 35Mb from 20Mb or am I imagining that?

@Spectre Its up to 500meg but your only getting that on the business deal for broadband only for £65 they quoted me but wasnt paying extra 27 for it unless u get the ultimate-oomph-bundle u get that with 500 meg with everything maxed on the telly for sports with extra v6 box and unlimited sim card which seems worth it but hoping mates rates maybe knocks it down to £85 hopefully as its a no brainer but no be long before all this is costing more than peoples mortgages lol

50 did go to 70 a good while ago (apparently for free :) until the the the price hike) but it is still available because I downgraded to get the price back down a years or so ago.

Just googled it, what an incredible scheme. Pity it's only available in that area. Probably not physically viable in built up areas anyway as I suppose it relies on a rural setting for ease of cabling.
The one off payment of £150 is a steal for having the fibre optics laid up to your property.

They are trying to expand but only in Cumbria at present. Very cheap indeed. I read something about making your trench and running the conduit and stuff yourself, something that a lot of rural people and farmers etc. would easily be able to do.

Not sure on their router though, I'd prefer a modem only option :).

Plenty of conduits in built-up areas but too expensive to lease. I've always thought of semi-rural living though...

50 did go to 70 a good while ago (apparently for free :) until the the the price hike) but it is still available because I downgraded to get the price back down a years or so ago.

I thought I'd had 70Mb before after a free upgrade. They want to be hurrying up and giving me a free upgrade to 500Mb :).

They are trying to expand but only in Cumbria at present. Very cheap indeed. I read something about making your trench and running the conduit and stuff yourself, something that a lot of rural people and farmers etc. would easily be able to do.

Not sure on their router though, I'd prefer a modem only option :).

Plenty of conduits in built-up areas but too expensive to lease. I've always thought of semi-rural living though...

I thought I'd had 70Mb before after a free upgrade. They want to be hurrying up and giving me a free upgrade to 500Mb :).

Nothings free with Virmin :( the price hike always follows with a nice letter telling you about the wonderful benefits you are now receiving for your money (that you didn't ask for :) ).

Nothings free with Virmin :( the price hike always follows with a nice letter telling you about the wonderful benefits you are now receiving for your money (that you didn't ask for :) ).

I had noticed that's what they do.

They could start increasing their coverage for more customers, unless it's been deemed unprofitable.

You are not imaging things -- they are always changing the names/speeds ; I think it is just a marketing thing

I'm on 200mb @ £36.00 per month including line rental. Last year I got the a similar letter about the price going up but as I was in a 12 month contract they did not increase it. I wonder if it only affects those not in a contract?

I'm in contract but the price is still going up.

Back