Virgin TV GO

5amp

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi I have Virgin TV GO on my Firestick and its stopped working when you try to update says not compatible its been on for a few years now any one else having the same problem Thanks in advance.

may well have stopped supporting firestick the way sky did

Had it working on mine but not easy to get it going right.

Thanks for the replies mine was working fine up to a week ago and it was on for years no problem had to use the mouse great for Football.

The app must realise you are not using it on a mobile device and have hdmi out. I did see a vid awhile back of a an Android box where it had the ability to change the device to a mobile device within its settings. But for the life of me I can’t remember the name of the device. 🤔

I know nothing about Virgin TV go, can you stream or get this on a smart TV? - apart from with a firestick

You have to have a virgin subscription to get tv go

Yes mate, sorry I should have mentioned I have a sub (without TV) but know nothing about it.

My mate just updated is package to include Sky sports and movies he all ready as BT sport i have a device with him. The problem is when i go on Sky sports on my stick its asking me to download sky sports app its not in the store and i've tried downloader no luck. I have it on my PC and does not work on that, sky movies and BT Sport work fine even sky sports news/mix are ok. He only got it on Tues i have asked him to contact Virgin and see if they can sort it out but if they can't what can be done Virgin Tv Go on a F /stick. Thanks in advance.

Sky and Virgin have HDMI protection in there apps so they wont work on say a firestick or Android box.

They still work on a Laptop with HDMI out as far as im aware

Thanks for the reply it works on my stick what does not work is the new package of Sky sports that came on yesterday on is TV which is on my Stick i have been using it for another of years all fine until now.

Its Virgin TV Go which works great on my F/stick but he updated is package to include sky sport and films now BT Sport .Sky sport news , Sky sport mix and Sky cinema are great on the stick. but the main Sky sports channel is asking to download Sky sports app which is inpossible on a stick so i am hoping Virgin can sort it out.

Their the premium sky channels its the same with the movies you need the sky app to watch them nothing virgin can do on the virgin app. As you found out you wont get the sky app running on your stick.

I know there are some Android box’s that have the option to spoof the device to look like another device like a tablet, so it hides the hdmi connection.
Tech doctor reviewed a device last year with that capability but I can’t remember the name of it 🙄

Back