Virgin Superhub? problems

willin

DW Regular
Reaction score
Lads, my hub is fairly new (says a 2ac) I have this tv LG 49UB850V Televisions - 49” ULTRA HD 4K TV - LG Electronics UK the catch up tv has worked fine for years. my problem is when watching iplayer or demand5 occasionally I get buffering, I have 100mb BB and the hub is behind the tv cabled to it. restarted the hub countless times now when it happens, if I go on the internet on the tv it seems really slow, I've explained to 4 different people at virgin the problem and they all blame the TV. How can I test to see what is causing this? I have the 5 year guarantee from richer sounds.

Have tried updating TV firmware ? Might be a bug in current.

Surly you have tried another device hard wired?
Or even wireless?

Yes mate, tried a laptop which worked fine!

Have tried updating TV firmware ? Might be a bug in current.

All running the latest firmware mate.

Maybe I'll give RS a call, virgin were next to useless. if I use the web browser on the tv it is really slow, never heard of this before on a tv.

yes thats why i dont like smart tvs best to buy a proper box
is the tv getting hot try a little fan behind it

Iv'e only tried it twice, speed test 2, ping 67ms download 2.2 Mbit/s upload 6.4 Mbit/s - then 68, 1.7, 6.1

I hope it's goosed alltogether.

Iv'e only tried it twice, speed test 2, ping 67ms download 2.2 Mbit/s upload 6.4 Mbit/s - then 68, 1.7, 6.1

I hope it's goosed alltogether.

Have you had a look in the modem setup page just to see how many channels are locking? You can't change anything in there but it might be a signal problem that could be fixed with an attenuator.

Just some thoughts :).

Back