virgin/ntl bills

bigal07

Inactive User
Reaction score
just got my first virgin bill in there and i got a shock ive not changed anythink but the bill is 20 pounds higher so i dug out my lst ntl bill and 2 my suprise i found that virgin have put the prices up by a pound here and two there i was on the 3 f4 30 so i thought it would be the same as ntl just the name had changed but no im now charged 56 pounds f4 the 3 minus a 6pound discount so that means 20 extra i phned them 2 be told with the change in the system every 1s bills are now priced per service

so that means
bband 19.99
tv 25.50
phne 15.00

no warnin of the change i think its a joke they can do that without warnin

what do us think

just got my first virgin bill in there and i got a shock ive not changed anythink but the bill is 20 pounds higher so i dug out my lst ntl bill and 2 my suprise i found that virgin have put the prices up by a pound here and two there i was on the 3 f4 30 so i thought it would be the same as ntl just the name had changed but no im now charged 56 pounds f4 the 3 minus a 6pound discount so that means 20 extra i phned them 2 be told with the change in the system every 1s bills are now priced per service

so that means
bband 19.99
tv 25.50
phne 15.00

no warnin of the change i think its a joke they can do that without warnin

what do us think
they have a contract to provide u with what you want are u new or long time customer m8 if long term then tell them you are moving to sly scares the shite out of them and they will return it to old billing or if new they are not allowed to charge you moe its in the contract

I recieved my bill in yesterday and it was about£40/£50 extra, when i checked it, apparently i had bought 2 english footie matches and 2 of the same Ricky Hatton fights lol

i also downgraded my tv to free tv and pay for line rental (£11.50) and kept my 4meg broadband + xbox = £27.99

got them to refund me the stuff i apparently bought to.

they have a contract to provide u with what you want are u new or long time customer m8 if long term then tell them you are moving to sly scares the shite out of them and they will return it to old billing or if new they are not allowed to charge you moe its in the contract
long term m8 tryed that and my reply was on u go but we will not release the phone line 2 them so phned bt for the phne ect but as i have no line from them i have 2 pay 124.00 f4 the engineer 2 put 1 in i thought they could us the 1 i had
so im fcked me think

Ive moved house and had to be tied into anoither years contract for broadband.

However they told me the 2mb BB is 9.99 a month for whole year so dont know where ur prices came from!!

:ASSFLASH:

I have always had my phone tv and broadband with Telewest. The wife kept going on about the kids being bored in the school holidays and said could we change to Sky. I called Telewest at the time telling them I was going to rip out my phone and broadband and go with BT and scrap the tv package to with Sky. telewest said if you stay with us we'll upgrade your tv package give you a free phone extension installation socket upstairs and a£20 discount for 6 months. it was a good deal at the time so I opted to stay.

I checked the Virgin site yesterday and noticed that the basic tv package is now free so I rang them up and told them I wanted to downgrade my tv package and they offered me the 'L' package free as long as I promise to stay for 12 months.

So now I have TV, phone, Evenings and W/E and 2mb broadband = £35. maybe I should have haggled a bit more got myself the 4mb for the same price.
Worth ringing them up and telling them you are thinking of going elsewhere even if you have no intention of doing so IMHO.

Well I have just got off the phone with TW! Pretty pleased actually!

I currently have 4MB Broadband and Talk Evening and Weekends and pay about £43 per month. I'm now getting 10MB broadband and the same phone package for £32 per month. And it's an ongoing deal so it's not time based!

Well chuffed! It pays to give them a phone. Spent aout 10 minutes on hold though! :)

Ive moved house and had to be tied into anoither years contract for broadband.

However they told me the 2mb BB is 9.99 a month for whole year so dont know where ur prices came from!!

:ASSFLASH:
my prices come from my bill that virin sent me thats where

i got my bill today just for Broadband,and it is £30.00..............is that right?

its ntl

You sure the prices have went up?

I just checked on http://www.virginmedia.com/ and the prices all look the same.

I don't get my bill till next month so hopefully mines will be correct.

I phoned up to cancell my Sky Movies the other week as they never get watched and guess what, Free movies for 6 months :)

it is advertised in my town centre were i was today that you get phone broadband and tv on a virgin media poster for £30. so i think you need to tell that m8

how just had my bill in and they have gave me my normal discount i think they are haveing you but then again i think you find that they charged what they like dippanding on the person jon

yes im sure the prices have went up if my scanner was workin id put my lst ntl bill up and my new virgin 1 so us could see

also all us seem 2 get free stuff or discs when us call them 2 cancel i get told on u go but we will not let sky us our line no good
also i seen a poster on a bus saying
4 for 40
bband
phne
tv
mobile

no good im just gettin bumped also found out that the last tenent robbed them stinkin so may be there makin it up through me
also i payed 2 get connected has any 1 else?

I just got a second box connected upstairs, took the guy about an hour to fit it all and it only cost me £25 for instillation.

Meybe because im/was Telewest?

I just got a second box connected upstairs, took the guy about an hour to fit it all and it only cost me £25 for instillation.

Meybe because im/was Telewest?
i thought they where the same company
i paid 25 bef4 they considered givin me 1 box neva mind f4 the 2

wouldent give me another 1
i was lucky 2 get 1 my son uses it f4 the cartoons and i use my dbox

have a look at the digitalspy forums. really good thread on there about tw/ntl/vm pricing. Up until today I had Tv Xl(supreme)£15.50, line rental£10.50, M BB (2MB)£13 totalling £39.

Phoned retentions today telling them that i wanted sky - 6 mixes + 16mb broadband + talk evening and weekends for £31+£11 Bt line rental.

Vm have given me TvXL ( supreme), line rental, L BB (4MB), Talk evening + weekends for £35.

Still pi$$es me off that this price had to be haggled, I never had any intention of moving to sky - you can't beat cable BB. At least with sky, you know where you are - the (cheap) price advertised is what you pay . Virgin are just overcharging the people who are afraid to ask for a discount.

B4 BB took off, I was happy putting up with an inferior TV system because it was always way cheaper than sky.

Thing is - cable Is a far superior medium for transmitting TV than satelite will ever be - FACT.

IMHO - The Problem is - the cable company's have always been too skint to develop decent software on decent Set top boxes to provide a good service. No we have the problem of sky not wanting to give us sky channels.

only been using the usenet for a month now - its great downloading at 480KBps: colors1

had a few tinny's - hence the babbling

Last edited:
Just got 12 months again of them and it's gone up 1p yes 1p from 9.99 to £10now, still better then 17.86 or what ever they tryed to get me to pay befor i phoned them as my 6 months con was up at 9.99 .

I got right on the phone and told then if it go's up to 17.86 a month im off, it took 2 minets for the wonen to come back and say she had got it me for 10 spots for 12 months more.

If you pay by way of the bank then they no there are going to get the dolla so they wont let you go as thay would be in my case loosing £120 a year if i had stayed with them.

Magic 10 spot's for 2 meg at 12 months.

Back