VIRGIN Moving to Nagra 3 in England?

j_z90

Member ++
Reaction score
just been flicking through the channels on the eurovox and came across a channel saying that virgin will be sending out new smart cards so that we can continue to receive channels. Anyone know anything about this?

Just spotted it myself.looks like all the cards are gonna be changed.we'll all soon fiind out

Which channel did u spot it on????done some research but there seems to be no news on new cards....

it comes up as 0:Ch_182 on the channel line up

Thank God, something is going to happen. :)

Things have been really slow for months :(

ii just got the hd kyrptview too..suppose it will be the same for all cable boxes..think the only chance i have just now is im in scotland..if its just england to start off with but days are numbered

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn3tfH-WYkM]YouTube - Virgin media, Nagra 3 is coming....[/ame]

Here it is guys.

dose it say sending out nag 3 cards or just
sending out new smart cards....

havent seen or heard virgin doing any testing for nag 3 either..

maybe just scare tactics or something.....

dose it say sending out nag 3 cards or just
sending out new smart cards....

havent seen or heard virgin doing any testing for nag 3 either..

maybe just scare tactics or something.....

i just somehow dont think there would tell you ???

your kidding ive just got a ex7000hd+ and spent blood sweat and tears getting it up and running and now this does it mean all the ther boxes are useless???????

your kidding ive just got a ex7000hd+ and spent blood sweat and tears getting it up and running and now this does it mean all the ther boxes are useless???????

Does that box have an Ethernet port?

No mention of nagra3 anywhere then?

Yawn.

See it when I believe it.

No mention of nagra3 anywhere then?

Its not Nagra3 although it may be an adaptation of it.

VM/Kudelski wont mention Nagra3 anyway because thats not its true name. Its simply a name it was given by the hacking scene.

Why would you need an ethernet port ?

Just about any I/O port could be adapted to give you what you need.

... As in adapted for card sharing? :-/

I don't know that much about card sharing so you'll have to enlighten me :p I assume you need fast I/O for that sort of thing, what else could you use apart from RS232 on that type of box? :S

... As in adapted for card sharing? :-/

I don't know that much about card sharing so you'll have to enlighten me :p I assume you need fast I/O for that sort of thing, what else could you use apart from RS232 on that type of box? :S

Fast I/O isn't necessary. The relevant data consists of 16 bytes every 8 seconds or so.

Back