VIRGIN Moving to Nagra 3 in England?

If it was n3 why do they bother wih the key rolls each day lately.This short film on new cards is on a test freq any way, so perhaps it's just a way of letting us worry.I've not seen it advertised on a proper channel yet and if it where out soon it would have been in their magazine.

I've not seen it advertised on a proper channel yet and if it where out soon it would have been in their magazine.

as you say no ads saying new cards are coming out so if they do move then it is very poor customer info which i cannot see
sly have been advertising the new cards for months and still are
worrying too much imo and the more it is mentioned the more people will worry
i also bet it is all over other forums that are similar to dw

Its not Nagra3 although it may be an adaptation of it.

VM/Kudelski wont mention Nagra3 anyway because thats not its true name. Its simply a name it was given by the hacking scene.

Sure mate.

My point is, is that there has been no announcements, no technical information released, only a youtube video declaring nagra3!

If they had adopted an unhacked decryption system (or at least a system that technological luddites cannot benefit easily from) their shareholders would be the first to know, followed by ourselves a close second.

A lot of us have been on da scene long enough to understand that these rumours are perennial, and are never true.

However, with the flood of all these plug and play cable boxes available they will be forced into action at some point.

This could just be away of closing down loads of boxs that virgin own,and never got them back from people who have kept them,got them chipped and told vm that they posted the boxs back ages ago. I no alot of people who have done this,and still use the old card with £5000:00 credit put on them so they can watch ppv etc.

Yes - as the video on youtube shows

But I doubt this is N3 ... I think it is something "new".

lets hope they use a rom110 lol

or even a rom142 lol

any higher and were in sh!t lol

dose it say sending out nag 3 cards or just
sending out new smart cards....

havent seen or heard virgin doing any testing for nag 3 either..

maybe just scare tactics or something.....

no it doesnt say anything about n3 cards just smart cards so who knows will have to wait and see.

as with anything else on this matter it will be a case of beliving it when i see it.

I no alot of people who have done this,and still use the old card with £5000:00 credit put on them so they can watch ppv etc.

Didn't PPV die when they went on demand (IE talkback needed)?

Didn't PPV die when they went on demand (IE talkback needed)?

only on there own boxes
well if you left tb working you got them for abit then the ip got blacklisted no more ppv
which i did nt agree with
on other card less boxes you could get the ppv events like boxing

Give you a £10 for it.....its apparently going to be scrap so its not a bad offer, make a nice paper weight..........:proud:

they will be the only boxes worth using through cs, untill a hack is created and released

Give you a £10 for it.....its apparently going to be scrap so its not a bad offer, make a nice paper weight..........:proud:

If they change over to N3 I wouldn't class the dreambox as paper weight lol. ;)

my thoughts as well , i'll start my own " silverboxed paperweight collection " !.

If virmin do indeed send out new cards, there has got to be some major improvement or change in store... lets face it, they wont spend money unless they have to !

Wonder what will be, Got sly now so not too worried lol

in prep for my move to the states, I have sold my Eurovox. Still got the old starview 2 which is good enough till November. Timing just right then :)

Back