Virgin Media

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I upgraded to 350mb from 200mb broadband a fortnight ago for an extra 1p per month. Received an email today

From 1st October, your bill will be going up by £3.01 a month :mad:

Yep another price hike which means you can cancel your contract or negotiate a batter price.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yep another price hike which means you can cancel your contract or negotiate a batter price.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Problem is they know they have you by the balls. My only other option is to have a landline installed which I don't want and get a far reduced service. My upgrade didn't involve a new contract, possibly because of the impending increase.

I upgraded to 350mb from 200mb broadband a fortnight ago for an extra 1p per month. Received an email today

From 1st October, your bill will be going up by £3.01 a month :mad:

I just ordered an upgrade from VIVID 150 to VIVID 350 today and got a letter saying my bill would go up by £2.52 in October :(.

LIVID 350 more like, modem spent most of yesterday not being able to lock and today I came in to another crashed modem.

Which BB provider does this rant refer to, anyone any ideas?

The service status page states everything is great.

There is no email address.

Their online chat perpetually states "all operators are busy".

Their online test system doesn't tell you the result of the test just "give them ten minutes and reboot the modem".

Their phone system plays hold music at such a level it's totally distorted. Nobody answers.

You don't want someone to answer because they will tell you to reboot your modem, just like you have done for several hours.

Their phone system knows you have recently done an online fault test when you call.

Their phone system invites you to test again by pressing "1".

Their phone system then tells you your modem isn't on and cuts you off after telling you to call the number again if there is still a problem.

You go through their phone menu system again and are told to press "1" if there is a fault. Pressing "1" starts the test again and cuts you off.

I had first day problems with my self-install. The speed was alarmingly slow so rang up and spoke to "Jimmy" somewhere in India. He took quite a while but assured me everything was OK but sometimes the speed wouldn't kick in for up to 24 hours????
Didn't believe a word of it but Lo and Behold it righted itself the following day :) I sort of knew it wouldn't be long before a price increase but came sooner and a bit heavier than expected.

I had first day problems with my self-install. The speed was alarmingly slow so rang up and spoke to "Jimmy" somewhere in India. He took quite a while but assured me everything was OK but sometimes the speed wouldn't kick in for up to 24 hours????
Didn't believe a word of it but Lo and Behold it righted itself the following day :) I sort of knew it wouldn't be long before a price increase but came sooner and a bit heavier than expected.

Yes, I was a bit disappointed by the one month I'll get at £50 then a 5% increase :(.

I'll have to download more to justify it in my head.

How long were you on hold? My record is 45 minutes to BT Broadband at 3AM with a message telling me they were experiencing higher than usual call volumes and that was a UK callcentre.

I gave up after 15 minutes of what sounded like a boy band singing with a backing track of an ice cream van's jingle being played from a stretched tape at 500dB through a ripped speaker.

Yes, I was a bit disappointed by the one month I'll get at £50 then a 5% increase :(.

I'll have to download more to justify it in my head.

How long were you on hold? My record is 45 minutes to BT Broadband at 3AM with a message telling me they were experiencing higher than usual call volumes and that was a UK callcentre.

I gave up after 15 minutes of what sounded like a boy band singing with a backing track of an ice cream van's jingle being played from a stretched tape at 500dB through a ripped speaker.
In all fairness I don't think I waited more than a couple of minutes before being put through. I'll give them another month and then I'll ask them for a £5 loyalty discount which they took from me, leading me to upgrade for an extra penny.
We become reliant on our internet access and I would be lost without it. There's my c/s, my pga tour access and Netflix just for starters. The thought of traditional shopping as well just isn't worth thinking about

Back in the 80's and 90's I would drive to Digbeth once a month to stock up on TV,Video and Satellite receiver spares. This involved a lot of guesswork as to the type of equipment and faults that would come my way and also meant closing the workshop for half a day. I don't think my hair would be quite so grey if internet was available in those days.

In all fairness I don't think I waited more than a couple of minutes before being put through. I'll give them another month and then I'll ask them for a £5 loyalty discount which they took from me, leading me to upgrade for an extra penny.
We become reliant on our internet access and I would be lost without it. There's my c/s, my pga tour access and Netflix just for starters. The thought of traditional shopping as well just isn't worth thinking about

Back in the 80's and 90's I would drive to Digbeth once a month to stock up on TV,Video and Satellite receiver spares. This involved a lot of guesswork as to the type of equipment and faults that would come my way and also meant closing the workshop for half a day. I don't think my hair would be quite so grey if internet was available in those days.

I know :(. I'm looking at properties (some even semi-rural) and a major consideration is BB. It becomes especially important when you're used to really fast speeds.

Of course we were all promised top BB speeds all over the country but that didn't materialise.

I've never had any real problems with VM, the odd modem hang here and there but after the outage I had yesterday and another hanged modem today and total inability to contact them I'm losing faith.

How much would my own GB symmetric fibre be :D...

Here we go again...

Ranging Status Aborted Success Aborted Aborted

So I've got one upstream channel.

What they are upping their prices again ? I think i'm on medium, 150Meg..

But i never plugged in the new Router as the old one was in modem mode connected to a Linksys wifi router.

The Virgin one was absolute SHITE !!!

I told them i was leaving when it went up to £43 month (i only have landline/broadband)

I'm locked in for a year now at £35 month.

If i did not trade/mine BTC etc i would switch and probably will next year, fook Branston and his pickles !!

Funny how everyone is getting different prices.

My email said my vivid350 was going up £3.50 (don't have phoneline or tv), some others on hotdeals on same package were going up £3.00

I rang them up and fired some fucks into them, got mine reduced to £1.50 less than I am currently paying, after the prices go up.

They are tosser's, NEW customers get it for £20 month, i argued with the woman on the phone, was a sound UK girl, i told here i could here her colleague offering the SAME deal for £19.99 !!!

She agreed and stated it was stupid and most of her calls are regarding this.

So i said CANCEL it and i will open a new account under the Mrs name, she then stated it would take 2 months min as i would have to send modem back etc.....I stated my latest one was still in the cupboard as the previous one was shite...She then started on about disconnection times, re connection....blah blah...I just gave up @ £35 month which she stated was the BEST you will get !!

would cancel if it goes up from 37 to 53quid but wifey like being able to record programmes at same time whilst watching another channel. think amazon is better value for tv.

would cancel if it goes up from 37 to 53quid but wifey like being able to record programmes at same time whilst watching another channel. think amazon is better value for tv.

It's always the other half who want to record, series link shite etc...lol....

Another reason i have a VM line is for obvious reasons after trialling IPTV !!!

Dual/triple tuners/EPG are still NOT up to scratch but a vast improvement from years ago.

WTF is this nonsense?

Go to your VM homepage and sign in > My Account > Help

I notice I am now signed out.

When I clicked through to Online Chat it recommended I signed in to use that feature... As far as I can tell there isn't a way to be signed in and stay on the page with the Online Chat feature.

Every time you sign in you get redirected to my.virginmedia.com domain which probably means the session is invalid in the help.virginmedia.com one which you actually need.

You can't copy & paste into the pop-up either, things like account number.

Last edited:
Off again at 15:40.

So, on the phone their automated system tells me that there is a "complex problem that is being worked on".

Started syncing then off again at 15:45.

Website says everything is peachy....

Off again 15:50.

Back