Virgin Media

I pay 63 quid for phone 350mb/sec BB and basic TV and would never go to anyone else

My t'inernet been down about 5 times in the year and this was after midnight when VM were doing work on the infrastructure

I constantly get a 380mb/s in the evening during peak periods.

I pay 63 quid for phone 350mb/sec BB and basic TV and would never go to anyone else

My t'inernet been down about 5 times in the year and this was after midnight when VM were doing work on the infrastructure

Same speeds here and the instability experienced before and after upgrade (including new modem) has went away so maybe it was ongoing network upgrades.

Would hate to have to change to ADSL :(.

Your new package now includes: Player TV (M) - Virgin TV V6 Box. - Sky Sports Collection - VIVID 350 Optical Fibre and phone

Your new monthly bundle cost is: £44.00

Had a phone call from them about a month ago. I currently pay £51 pm for vivid 350 only. For an extra £1 I could have free weekend calls and the basic tv package for either 12 or 18 months, can't remember which one.
Not remotely interested in a landline and told him it was a con anyway. Their price guarantees count for nothing as do their free speed upgrades. How can a company's loyalty bonus expire after 18 months? Aren't you more loyal by 18 months?

The last time I challenged them they called my bluff. They have me by the balls tbh.

Had a phone call from them about a month ago. I currently pay £51 pm for vivid 350 only. For an extra £1 I could have free weekend calls and the basic tv package for either 12 or 18 months, can't remember which one.
Not remotely interested in a landline and told him it was a con anyway. Their price guarantees count for nothing as do their free speed upgrades. How can a company's loyalty bonus expire after 18 months? Aren't you more loyal by 18 months?

The last time I challenged them they called my bluff. They have me by the balls tbh.

ATM they have most people by the balls. Their ace card is the internet speed. With the roll outs of FTTP though, and 1Gbps speeds, then soon enough it'll be a much fairer playing field. I used to on 350 vivid at old house, moved to new one and got FTTP. It's only 150Mbps (100 guaranteed) and it does the job lovely. I should whisper this, but it might even be a little better! I know the Wi-Fi is certainly more stable than the VM one.

ATM they have most people by the balls. Their ace card is the internet speed. With the roll outs of FTTP though, and 1Gbps speeds, then soon enough it'll be a much fairer playing field. I used to on 350 vivid at old house, moved to new one and got FTTP. It's only 150Mbps (100 guaranteed) and it does the job lovely. I should whisper this, but it might even be a little better! I know the Wi-Fi is certainly more stable than the VM one.

wifi on superhub is utter shite

I turned mine into modem only mode connected to a pfsense box with tplink routers as AP and a gigabit switch (with segreated VLAN's)

Kids/wife get 40% I get 60% of the BB speed

wifi on superhub is utter shite

I turned mine into modem only mode connected to a pfsense box with tplink routers as AP and a gigabit switch (with segreated VLAN's)

Kids/wife get 40% I get 60% of the BB speed

Traffic shaping the family LOL.

Never heard anything good about SuperHub WIFI either. That's why I use mine in modem mode too.

50 quid for 350, broadband only. I don't need the TV or the Phone Line and although the package deal is probably better it's simply too much hassle due to the placement of my TV/Socket in relation to the virgin point, and after a previous 'disagreement' they wouldn't run it to the rear of my property.

I'm using the router in modem mode (god forbid ever using their sucky WiFi) and a Ubiquiti Secure Gateway as I have PoE AP's around my house, but sadly even though I'm on 350, I seem to struggle above about 210-220, if I'm lucky as a maximum.

1546687582762.png

I also never much saw the point of a fixed land line in this day an age and it's what pisses me off about ADSL the most, that the fact only a minority of providers offer 'broadband only' without some kind of phone package included. I did just get a reasonable deal for my daughters property with NowTV (Sky), £22pm, 36Mbps Fibre, No Contract Period, Free Weekday Evening/Weekend Calls.

Last edited:
Back