Virgin Media standard Modems?? Anyone Know the make/model

rab_mccoll_ypt

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi again peeps soz 2 be a pain in the ass...anyone know wot make the standard virgin media modems are.. and if this one is chippable..if so any links or diagrams/tutorials for nailing the fooker

Cheers

thats an ambit 250 m8.
can be flashed so long as it aint been online since about sept 07,otherwise its took the vermin update.

The Starman

Cheers Starman....So how do i go about flashing the modem m8..i was reading the hynes tut and it mentioned a max232/233 interface...all i have is an elvis proggy m8 will this do or do i need to buy a certainconnector if so where/much are we talking??
thanx again m8

:Cheers:

The elvis is for funcards/Pic's etc so its not suitable for modems.

You need a Max232 cable and possibly a jtag lead, depending on which modem you want to play around with. There are several different types that can be used on the VM network. The type of modem you require also can also differ depending on which of the networks you are on - TW, NTL or CW.

Alright Nozzer..How r ya m8?? All well i hope..ok i'll not beat around the bush here lol wer can i get the hardware for flashing the ambit 250 ntl modem..any pointers? anyone? cheers lads for the help kinda new to this.just finished a wee spell there so it was the o0ld jerrolds etc and super chip 3 hexgen etc i u8sed to use back in the old t.h.o.i.c days lol..Aye so if you could pm me or woteva with a supplier for this max232 jtag lead it would be mucho appreciated..

Back