Virgin Media price advise

I'm on the 30 day countdown now so hopefully they'll ring with an offer of some sort if not I will get the wife to sign up. Will she have to use another bank account ?

I started getting text messages about one week before i left and then when I followed a link from a text i got and gave my details but did not go through with it they then phoned me. I recently got 200mb internet with landline and weekend calls for £36.00 per month but with a £50.00 credit on the account. It takes is down to about £31.50 per month.

I think there was an offer on hotukdeals yesterday of 100mb for about £19.00 per month.

I hope so :) I don't mind Virgin tbh. I get the odd problem here and there but nothing major so really I don't want to leave but on the other hand, when you compare thier prices with others it's far too dear. Plus, what really gripes me, no loyalty bonus's with Virgin. Only the new customers get it which is disgusting for me because it's them who fire off when the deal ends not us who've been there 15+ !!!.

We need to lower our outgoings in this frithful household as there's too many things that we just let it happen probably out of laziness. I took some free advise off a good friend who's a mortgage advisor. I've just change our mortgage product online (took 5 minutes) and saved just over £80 a month from a tracker to a 2 year fixed. were looking at trying to save minimum £120+ a month. When you add it up its the price of a half decent holiday.

It's surprising really when you work it out how much you can actually save on bills when you try something we should be doing regular but we never do

@silverdale Hope you are looking at gas, electric suppliers and house and car insurance policies . Saving to be had on these as well.
You should be looking at these every year.

no same bank account just tell talktalk you would like to keep your existing virgin phone number , and they will phone virgin and tell them that your switching over to talktalk

then see if you get a better deal from virgin

I meant, if my account is cancelled with Virgin and then my wife has to open an account after mines been shut down

@silverdale Hope you are looking at gas, electric suppliers and house and car insurance policies . Saving to be had on these as well.
You should be looking at these every year.
We do normally, it's the one's you don't think off were you need to do a bit more digging like mortgages and Virgin then having to spend 45minutes on the phone then having to cancel just to get a better deal , you get lazy as time goes by, can't be arsed is the word I'm looking for

Follow up ,
I've just this minute got the call today from Virgin. I spent 30 minutes like a Turkish market trader haggling back and forth over a rug till I got
200meg,
basic phone package, I call it the PPI phone, only them ring it
Basic TV TiVo just the missus can record her crap which is all I need because I have my own (cough) ....

For £30 a month with a £40 cashback which works out at technically at £26.67 a month a saving of £31.43 a month £377.16 a year add that to the mortgage changed product £1337.16 a year and my speed gone up from 150 to 200 (they don't do 150 no more)
I might have got a better deal if I had of let it run out and the missus signed up but to be honest just over £30 a month aint that bad for what I've got and £31 + £80 mortgage is a huge saving for us at this moment in time.

Last edited:
They offered me full 200meg and full sports package for 12 months Sky and BT Sports for £40 a month. The woman was quite friendly and said in 11 months ring us back and re-negotiate you'll get a better deal. I have 14 days cooling off so if I want to change I can up or lower it from what I've got.

I nearly said "No I'm ok I've got Sports"

5000 of them

What gets me is, Wen I went through the packages she said "We don't do 150 and havent done for quite some time, its 100 or 200". I must admit I never checked my previous speed so I'm thinking all along I was on 100meg anyway but never informed and probably paying a few quid more for 150 I wasn't getting.
I know now for future ref, ask to leave the negotiate .

New customer deal, i plaid hell with them as it went up to £42 month...

I could actually hear a colleague setting up a deal for £19.99 month for new customers only.

Said i would cancel and renew in Mrs name, they then stated i would have to send box (i have never even plugged in/plus router, would take a month to sort plus an installation fee...lol

They offered me deal for £38 so i stayed, i much prefer a £30 year 'Virmin Line' than IPTV....

Next time i'm going to leave though and fork out for a newer Zgemma box/IPTV £20 year (still using an old H2H).

I could not last ONE day without the net dur to day trading etc...

Got my Three sim deal down to £5.50 now though, used to be £16 years ago, they actually do give you a loyalty discount.

Back