iPhone Virgin Media Email settings

dusty

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there
Can anyone tell me what the settings should be for virgin media on the iphone tried lots of ways still cant get it to work

Hi there
Can anyone tell me what the settings should be for virgin media on the iphone tried lots of ways still cant get it to work

account type: POP3
Incoming : pop.ntlworld.com
Outgoing (SMTP) : smtp.ntlworld.com

Username : whatever it is before the @ntlworld.com or @virginmedia.com....
password : pass you use to enter account with webmail...

This is all I use, hope it helps...

*** One last thing, try searching for adding a gmail account to iphone as VM now use gmail platform to handle mail so you might find some tips there...

Now that VM have farmed out email to Google, Google are insisting that all customers now use SSL secure mail using ports 465 (smtp) and 995 (Pop3). Any device which doesn't allow SSL wont be able to connect directly to email platform.

There's also some changes with the login. You now must use your primary alias (its not always obvious what this is but its usually the name of the first alias you set up on the mailbox). You also need to follow it with the correct suffix for your mailbox (ie @Virginmedia.co.uk, @blueyonder.co.uk, @ntl.com etc).

The actual email platform server names will also (at present) depend on the service you signed up with.

For exNTL customers its as above
For exTW customers its pop3.blueyonder.co.uk & smtp.blueyonder.co.uk
Not sure for CW customers or those with VM email addresses.

Last edited:
Still cant get it right virgin are about as good as a choclate boat keeps telling cant connect using SSL

Thanks guys sorted that problem got another one i ask it to leave a copy on the server so i can get them on my laptop when i get home but it dont any ideas

Back