Virgin Media Boxes

daftdom

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

First off sorry if im repeating anything. I've done some searches and couldn't find exactly what I was after so I thought I would ask all in one thread.

I'm picking this cable stuff back up as im moving back to a cable area.

I have three Pace 1000 units (with cut track for talkback) with ROM10 mosc (not been connected for at least 18 months). I always thought the 1000's were slow so im going to go for the "3 for £30" package with the extra V+ box. (its in an ex C&W area)

My question is... If I go for a "V Box" and a "V+ Box" could I mod them to see all channels? Would the V+ box still work? I'm thinking I should use an in line filter so im not messing with the box, etc. but when I send the box back after my contract has finished or if I remove the MOSC (or Fun) and pop the original card back in and remove the filter so I can buy a movie, etc. will Virgin be able to pickup from the box that something has been messed with?

Should I be using Fun Cards or MOSC from fleebay?

Or should I just stick with the 1000's?

I was thinking of using my old NTL120 for the internet too. Do they still work?

Thanks for all you help guys! :)

Regards,
Dom

Not sure whether these inline filters work 100% at stopping talkback so dont mess with a subbed box.

Hi Guys,

First off sorry if im repeating anything. I've done some searches and couldn't find exactly what I was after so I thought I would ask all in one thread.

I'm picking this cable stuff back up as im moving back to a cable area.

I have three Pace 1000 units (with cut track for talkback) with ROM10 mosc (not been connected for at least 18 months). I always thought the 1000's were slow so im going to go for the "3 for £30" package with the extra V+ box. (its in an ex C&W area)

My question is... If I go for a "V Box" and a "V+ Box" could I mod them to see all channels? Would the V+ box still work? I'm thinking I should use an in line filter so im not messing with the box, etc. but when I send the box back after my contract has finished or if I remove the MOSC (or Fun) and pop the original card back in and remove the filter so I can buy a movie, etc. will Virgin be able to pickup from the box that something has been messed with?

Should I be using Fun Cards or MOSC from fleebay?

Or should I just stick with the 1000's?

I was thinking of using my old NTL120 for the internet too. Do they still work?

Thanks for all you help guys! :)

Regards,
Dom

if the v boxs are subbed m8 take some advice and dont mess with them stick with the pace

Thanks Guys,

Right OK will do!
Whats the new V boxes like for speed?
The 1000's are crap!

Has the firmware been updated since its gone to Virgin?
Is it any quicker?

Thanks,
Dom

Thanks Guys,

Right OK will do!
Whats the new V boxes like for speed?
The 1000's are crap!

Has the firmware been updated since its gone to Virgin?
Is it any quicker?

Thanks,
Dom
sorry m8 dont understand why u are asking?
if u want to use modded box then u will not need to know how fast the v boxs are

Back