virgin media adsl newsgroup access

thecableguy12

Inactive User
when I was on cable i really enjoyed using the ntl newsgroup access it was free and had some decent stuff etc, when i moved out of the area i was no longer in a cable area and signed up with tiscali which was rubbish speed was slow etc and they kept warning me about downloading to much, i also subscribed to newsdemon which i think is good but cant really afoord extra bills etc, now i have recently signed up for virgin adsl for 17.99 a month and have noticed that i can now access the ntl newsgroup for free again!!! brilliant so if anyone else is on virgin adsl enjoy!

wiiman

DW Member ++
how do you set up ntl newsgroup as i don't know anything about them, i have heard so much about them. but haven't got any idea how to go about it!

Actually it would be really helpful if you could explain how to access virgin newsgroups as I don't have a clue.

thecableguy12

Inactive User
ok download grabit from google, when installing it will ask what server you want to xconnect to type news.ntlworld.com then you have the access

little_pob

Jnr admin
Staff member
Jnr Admin
Anyone not on NTL can check if their ISP runs a newsserver here: http://www.usenettools.net/ISP.htm#UK

NB whilst BT's newsgroups are run from Giganews' European servers, it seems to be restricted to ~1Mb/s (even on an 8Mb line).

TEST