Virgin Chat

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm on vivid 350 and normally enjoy fast downloads. About 12-30 today my internet went off for about 10 minutes.
When it came back on I went onto newsgroups to download a couple of tv episodes.
Slow as hell
Did a number of speedtests and am only averaging around 18Mbps download and 21 up. Went on the Virgin online chat and got the usual crap about check for loose connections and all that crap. He then suggests I go on a speedtest site which is Ookla, the one I was using, so I ran another test and gave him the results.

15:34, Nov 22
Rupali:
Great! I request you to disconnect all other devices connected to the Hub and retest the speed test by visiting the website www.speedtest.net using a wired connection.
15:36, Nov 22
Ian: if that's Ookla then that is the one I am using and it has just given me 18.38 download and 21.18 upload
15:37, Nov 22
Rupali:
Are we still connected?
15:37, Nov 22

Ian: yes
15:39, Nov 22
Rupali:
It appears you have left this chat session, as I have not received a response. I trust we have resolved your query today and I will now end this chat session. If you still have any questions, request you to connect with us on Contact Us | Help & Support | Virgin Media. We are available between Monday to Friday (8AM ? 8PM) and Saturday (9AM ? 5PM).
15:40, Nov 22
Info: Thank you for chatting with us.

After I confirmed we were still connected I could see he was typing but he just cut me off. Why does this company make it so difficult to talk with someone who can understand you?

Just tried to chat again..........

Info
at 16:14, Nov 22:
Hi there, a Virgin Media expert will be with you shortly. Thank you for waiting!

Info
at 16:16, Nov 22:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your estimated wait time is 3 minutes and 44 seconds. Thank you for your patience.

Info
at 16:18, Nov 22:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your estimated wait time is 20 minutes and 52 seconds. Thank you for your patience.

Fook Off :mad:

This is the only reason I try to wangle a deal where I keep my phone, so I can speak to someone if there's a problem.

0800 9528046 Cable Customer Services & Technical Support give that a try it is supposed to be the same as 150 according to saynoto0870 site.

Last edited:
"After I confirmed we were still connected I could see he was typing but he just cut me off. Why does this company make it so difficult to talk with someone who can understand you?"

Wa da fuk u can udar shpe dis kat u !!!!

do soz inow whay g spok...........ha ha ha could not resist.............................

speedtest.net is not the most accurate way to check your speeds.

You might have issue in your area but they haven't raised it as an incident yet.

I always use usenet to check my speeds with a wired connection or download a test file with IDM.

You should be getting around 45 MB/s on wired connection.

I can never hit peak speeds with WiFi even with a netgear nighthawk router.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You might have issue in your area but they haven't raised it as an incident yet.

I always use usenet to check my speeds with a wired connection or download a test file with IDM.

2nd line of my 1st post Bally ;)
Speed has come back after nearly 6 hours

2nd line of my 1st post Bally ;)
Speed has come back after nearly 6 hours
I'm viewing on mobile so it all looks like one line lol but glad you're back to the correct speed I have the same issue occasionally. Normally tends to sort itself out. Whenever I do call I alway make sure some account credit is applied for the inconvenience.

Back