Virgin BB area move

rawsy

DW F1 Champ 2010, 14, 19, 20 and 22
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

inhav been out of the game for a while so would like a little advice please.

I have just moved house to a temperate address until my new house is ready. The property has never had cable but I have managed to run an active feed to it cough.

the issue is my modem will not lock and says access denied.

I am in the same city (headend) but definitely a different node. Can macs not swap nodes now?
Any advice to get me going quickly with having to wait for them to come and do a full install.

thanks

Think you will need to be re-activated Rawsy. If you are going to be in the "temperate", sounds cosy ;) home for a while, best to inform them of a change of address.
Could always bluff them and not mention the fact there never was a legit cable connection and just ask for a reactivation. If she mentions it just act shocked.

I will give it a go ta

are you sure it has a good signal. anything else working ?

Signal looks ok, says it’s locked but the main page says blocked.

rang them and they went through all the crap and want to sign me up for another 18 months and I have to wait 2 weeks before they will come and install it.

gunna just cancel and start again with a better deal. They have just added £10 a month to my bill but as I was in the middle of the move so I decided to just wait before kicking off.

cheers

Do VM charge a penalty for finishing the contract early ?

Found out why my modem wouldn’t lock on.
Even though I had only moved a couple of miles away the network is connected to a different head end.

learn something new every day.

Back