Virgin 5meg and gigabit router..

ramtech

Inactive User
Reaction score
RIght got a problem hope someone can help...

My virgin 50meg wont work on a router with gigabit at all. I have a Belkin Vision n1 and a wrt610n and both make my modem reboot (goes through the boot up phase and downloads config the starts again) everything works if i plug my old wrt54gv2 back in anybody come across it before?

hmmm, its unlikely you have two faulty routers, have you tried resetting the other routers back to default settings???????????
you havent turned dhcp off on the wan ports on the routers?

Tryed resetting and updating software even put dd-wrt on the 610 some times it will work but will only last for a few min. Modem knows it's connected to gigabit tells u on the cable status page. Need to take both routers down my friends he has 50meg also see what happens.my old router works spot on getting a constant 53.6meg down on astraweb.

RIght got a problem hope someone can help...

My virgin 50meg wont work on a router with gigabit at all. I have a Belkin Vision n1 and a wrt610n and both make my modem reboot (goes through the boot up phase and downloads config the starts again) everything works if i plug my old wrt54gv2 back in anybody come across it before?

Not exactly the same as you but I did have a similar weird problem years ago. I had a Netgear RT314 router and a Surfboard 4100 modem. Everything worked fine until NTL changed my connection to 10meg. Everytime I went on to the BBC website, and a few others but very few, it made my cable modem restart. It was very strange and I asked questions on forums at the time but no one had any idea why it happened. I tried loads of things including hacked firmware on the router but nothing worked so I bought a new router. I put it down to the RT314 having only 10BASE-T WAN but maybe it was something else after all.

Well, bizzarely, my router started playing up and resetting itself on random websites a week ago. Couldn't be bothered messing about with it so bought a new one which works fine. Took the problematic one apart and there's a leaky cap. Going to replace to see if that sorts the problem.

Got a belkin vision N1 and it definately works with the 50mb modem (don't know the modem model, but its black and curved).

My n1 resets itself or locks up all the time esp when I max out speed to download so I'm buying a new one this weekend

i got dlink 655 and works good with 50 meg.
Had problems with the 615 they gave me

My n1 resets itself or locks up all the time esp when I max out speed to download so I'm buying a new one this weekend

what level firmware are you using ?

Back