Virgin 20 meg

• Thread starter Deleted member 6259
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6259

Anyone know if these are out yet ? im just pure amased in how fast speeds are now considering a few years back all we had was dial up lol dont you just love technology

Anyone know if these are out yet ? im just pure amased in how fast speeds are now considering a few years back all we had was dial up lol dont you just love technology
still not fast enough compare to some of the speeds available in other countries.... 20mb suppose to be rollin out in may but 20mb trials r being conducted in a few areas around the country

Yes upgrades are supposed to be starting in May, the download speeds are great but what a crap upload...

Yes upgrades are supposed to be starting in May, the download speeds are great but what a crap upload...
i think bulldog was the only 1 to offer 1mb up... i think its gonna long time before we see decent upload speed

Hi

still great thoe just think 20 meg yessssssss cant wait, anyone know is there any info on what areas are first on the virgin site ??.

its going to be posted here but as you can see they say it will be happening soon so this is where to check.

Hi

thanx m8 , nice one .

yes 20mb will be offered around june but as you say up speed is still crap unless your with bulldog which is strange as virgin own bulldog

yes 20mb will be offered around june but as you say up speed is still crap unless your with bulldog which is strange as virgin own bulldog

Ye, but virgin bought bulldog so they could offer people in non cabled areas broadband service, albiet shit.

With regards to shit uploads i believe that the new 20mb config is going to come with a 768kbs upload.....hmmmm times that by three for when i upload i should get my uploads of 4.33 gb down to about 5 hours....nice.

i think bulldog was the only 1 to offer 1mb up... i think its gonna long time before we see decent upload speed

BE offer 2.4MB upload although that is their top package at 40quid a month. That's with a 24MB download as well. It's ADSL though so you need to be in the right area, near the exchange for those sort of transfers etc etc.

There's 24 quid as well for 1.3mb upload.

Cable is better in my view but lagging behind.

Nothing amazing about it, we have been ripped off for years... Other countries have speeds which are 100x faster than the fastest we currently get.

Bulldog and BE have been offering 20mB+ Adsl for quite awhile now. Cable is behind because we just dont have the infrastructure in place!

20mb config file name must come soon if its true that virgin are going to start 20mb within next few weeks, anyone got a link to any press reports yet on 20mb release ?

I try'd to see if my Fiberware modem could nab the 20mb config last night as some people on the DigitalSpy forum have shown it is out there.

But it didn't find it, thought with all the down time over the weekend in Bradford that they may have released it in some form.

Will keep checking until i find it though :) although i did notice that my bill for May had been increased to £37!

Last edited:
IWill keep checking until i find it though :) although i did notice that my bill for May had been increased to £37!
thats a bit of cheeck... take ur money and they may not deliver ur 20mb for a few months

Heh, not as if i can complain i mean i shouldnt really have 2x10mb Modems in my house let alone the DBox + the Subbed TV box.

So they can take a extra £2 early, i dont mind im just as bad...

Back