Vinyl Cutting Software

mohammed_khan786

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey guys

A friend of mine has started the business of cutting vinyls for cars etc.

he has all the right equipment and software but he only has access to a limited number of designs because he is on a trial period of the software.

we tried to use pics from the internet by copy and pasting and by saving and importing but the software won't allow us to cut the pictures because they are in bitmap format.

we tried this in SignBlazer elements and SignGo.

Is there a way around this problem?? all help is much appreciated

mo

Hey guys

A friend of mine has started the business of cutting vinyls for cars etc.

he has all the right equipment and software but he only has access to a limited number of designs because he is on a trial period of the software.

we tried to use pics from the internet by copy and pasting and by saving and importing but the software won't allow us to cut the pictures because they are in bitmap format.

we tried this in SignBlazer elements and SignGo.

Is there a way around this problem?? all help is much appreciated

mo

As its for a business (not just personal use) then would it not be prudent to just buy a license for the software.

the plotter cant work with bitmap images (unless its a print and cut like [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif]Roland CAMM-1)[/FONT], images have to be in vector format ie lines and curves as opposed to pixels.
some of the cutting programs like Signlab have a scan function to convert raster to vector but i cant remember if Signgo does. but to be honest it's not that successfull unless you make the image 2 colour ie black and white .

the plotter cant work with bitmap images (unless its a print and cut like [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif]Roland CAMM-1)[/FONT], images have to be in vector format ie lines and curves as opposed to pixels.
some of the cutting programs like Signlab have a scan function to convert raster to vector but i cant remember if Signgo does. but to be honest it's not that successfull unless you make the image 2 colour ie black and white .

Corel Draw can also be used to convert to vector images.

Corel Draw can also be used to convert to vector images.

yes m8 but it doesnt convert to something that the plotter can cut.
the thing to remember is that if it's a standard plotter it can only cut shapes not images.

we are only trying to do 2-colour images. actually its just one colour black.

even though it is for a small business he mostly only does it for close friends etc. is there any way i can get sign lab cheap??

not 100% sure if signlab demo has it but vinylmaster does.
you have to submit your details and they'll send you the demo on disk from Australia, it's a proper bit of kit though.

you could always use Adobe Illustrator and import the converted image ;)

Last edited:
do u want signlab full version???
answer here and i will email u

Back