Vigin allowing cancellations pre 12 months

IANB

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just seen on watchdog thart virgin media will allow anyone to cancel their contract before 12 months but only for this month.
Thousands of people are unhappy about losing channels so looks like they are bowing to a bit of pressure.

At least Virgin are doing the decent thing by letting people cancel if they're not happy with the service. Might be a good opportunity to call up customer services and kick off - perhaps you would be offered half price subscriptions for a few months. Gotta try, eh?

At least Virgin are doing the decent thing by letting people cancel if they're not happy with the service. Might be a good opportunity to call up customer services and kick off - perhaps you would be offered half price subscriptions for a few months. Gotta try, eh?

If enough people complain the they will have to do something.

Too true, but do you think that Virgin will back down and go grovelling to Sky to get the recently departed channels back? I sincerly doubt it.

Too true, but do you think that Virgin will back down and go grovelling to Sky to get the recently departed channels back? I sincerly doubt it.

If they are customer focused then they should stop the silly fighting and get it sorted.
VM has 3 million customers. When he starts to lose some of them then maybe he will wake up and smell the coffee.
The only ones that will be left are the hackers lol.

this is all just getting silly on both sides of the argument now you think with the amount of coverage in the papers and so on they'd have sorted something out by now!

personally i dont know why virgin dont reduce their subscription for the missing channels. i've got a minimum sub and cant see the point in keeping it if can get mostly the same channels on freeview

i would not rush ...lol to cancel as there are more that sky one .

I take my hat off to Branson - as Sky has got more and more customers, they have just tried to squeeze out all other competetion. It is about time someone with a backbone stood up and put their cock on the block.

sky channels

There is a lot more going on behind the scenes at sky and virgin m ,The price war is only the tip of the iceburg it goes much deeper with Murdy trying to gain access to the cable network .and don't rely on freeview for those missing channels murdy is to remove them from that platform this summer!!

I take my hat off to Branson - as Sky has got more and more customers, they have just tried to squeeze out all other competetion. It is about time someone with a backbone stood up and put their cock on the block.

agree, sky have done this cos they now have competion, i hope this can b sorted out though cos the only people losing out r the customers

agree, sky have done this cos they now have competion, i hope this can b sorted out though cos the only people losing out r the customers

and really what are you losing ????? sky news sky one i think people need to understand that anything showing on sky one eg lost can be watched on the internet anyway and i think the show lost says it all your lost trying to understand it and lost trying to make out what it was you was trying to understand in the first place so id not rush around looking for crap like lost in a hurry and as for sky tv there cant offer anything more apart from hidden small prints

Sky is trying to show vm who`s the boss typical of companies who have a monopoly on things, they dont want vm to get any bigger so as to challenge them further. They`re trying to teach vm a lesson and I for one hope vm dont go grovelling to sky, that will put vm exactly where sky want them - in a corner.

Tried to cancel today and told in the T&C'S that all packages are subject to change si cannot cancel until my 12 months has expired...looks like they have got there Lawyers looking through the legal stuff to stop peeps cancelling.:nopity:

Tried to cancel today and told in the T&C'S that all packages are subject to change si cannot cancel until my 12 months has expired...looks like they have got there Lawyers looking through the legal stuff to stop peeps cancelling.:nopity:

I did exactly the same the other day and they told me it was subject to change blah blah!

Back