video streaming Question

M

mufc

I,m using a wireless router to connect to my 360 no probs there can look at my pictures and listen to my music .
The question is when i want to watch videos from pc to 360 have the video contents got to be in a certain format / ie / could i watch avi film on my pc to 360 or would it not wrk do they have to be a certain format to stream through to my 360.
Like WMV files also do the films have to be in my libary to stream .

If you want to play avis your going to have to use something like TVersity, which will convert the avis to wmv on the fly

Ok so basically i,m better off with WMV format for my 360 to stream from pc so i,ll need to convert avi to wmv and mpeg or anything thats not WMV is this what you mean .

Ok so basically i,m better off with WMV format for my 360 to stream from pc so i,ll need to convert avi to wmv and mpeg or anything thats not WMV is this what you mean .

no.

install Tversity and you can watch what you want, there's lots of info in the 360 section here regarding Tversity it's a bugger to set up but once you've done it you're away :)

i'd rather spend the time setting Tversity up than converting Everything to .wmv mate

it's well worth it

no.

install Tversity and you can watch what you want, there's lots of info in the 360 section here regarding Tversity it's a bugger to set up but once you've done it you're away :)

i'd rather spend the time setting Tversity up than converting Everything to .wmv mate

it's well worth it

yeah i agree. worth the time setting it up.

I use a PC with MCE2005 and also use Transcode360 to play all other formats other than wmv, but thats using media centre also with the 360

Back