Video Site Script

v14

Banned
Reaction score
Im looking for a script to run a video sharing site (preferably free ;) )
anyone point me in the right direction?

Ta

it will be quite expensive to run one of those sites mate,
you would need to rent a hi spec dedicated server so you can install ffmpeg-php module for php which is needed to convert uploaded files to flv.
this would be no good on a shared host or a cheap low spec server since it will chew up resources during conversion :)

you would need to rent a hi spec dedicated server so you can install ffmpeg-php module for php which is needed to convert uploaded files to flv.
this would be no good on a shared host or a cheap low spec server since it will chew up resources during conversion :)

thanks pal, I know what your saying but ive got some space that i can set it up on to tinker about with. I doubt wether i'll ever get it up and running commercially anyway, its just something to do for a bit of experience

thanks pal, I know what your saying but ive got some space that i can set it up on to tinker about with. I doubt wether i'll ever get it up and running commercially anyway, its just something to do for a bit of experience

yup you wont get it up and running without the ffmpeg-php module installed on your server,
the only way is if you have shell access and privileges to install stuff on your host, you could always ask your host to install it but they probably wont allow it :)
anyway if you want the youtube script to play around with here it is
you could always install a webserver on your own pc and use that for testing it ;)

yup you wont get it up and running without the ffmpeg-php module installed on your server,
the only way is if you have shell access and privileges to install stuff on your host, you could always ask your host to install it but they probably wont allow it :)
anyway if you want the youtube script to play around with here it is
you could always install a webserver on your own pc and use that for testing it ;)

cheers fella,

ive got some space on a Uni Server and my m8 is a top kiddie in IT dept. I reckon a bottle or 2 of bionic tonic should be enough to get something sorted ;)
all in the course of experimental purposes of course

ps: if in the unlikely event i ever get it functional and online im gonni give it a west of scotland twist and call it yaf*ckintube

Last edited:

had a wee look about and found 3000mb dsk spce
1500gb transfer per month/
ffmpeg
MySQL
SSH Access
PHP 4+5 w/ Zend & IonCube
Perl
CGI
JavaScript
FrontPage
Python
SSI
Curl
GD2 & NetPBM
Video Share Hosting FFmpeg Hosting Enabled
Ruby on Rails
ImageMagick
Real Streaming Media Support
and loads of other goodies.

even found a 50% off voucher . All that with domain registration included for £41.83 for 12 months. Also has a3o unconditional money back gaurantee!!

that sounds quite good to start with mate, hopefully its fast enough to do the job :)

got it uploaded and configured to a point. still got loads of tweaking to do but it seems to be working. id be dead gratefull if youd give it a bash and let me know how it performs ..im havin a bit of a battle with mysql but i think im nearly there.

dont laugh at the graphics , like i said ive got a bit to do yet

www.videolemons.com

please all feel free to upload
in fact pleeeeeeeeeeeze upload some stuff

Last edited:
Back