CD & DVD Video DvD turns out blocky and skips?..

flava

Inactive User
Reaction score
i was using clone dvd to copy my video dvds and everytime burnt them they worked (unlike cheetah dvd) so i thought hey! but they dont work in certain dvd players as they play too slow cut out and go blocky every so often..

I then switched to Ashampoo and this was alot better i could even change the burn speed in this prog so i have been burning at 4x and i can watch them...but most of the dvds i burn freeze and go blocky every so often and then go back to normal this is getting annoying and i have wasted 40+ dvds so far please help!

also i must admit i do use my computer while im burning and sometimes the cpu peaks to 100% and the buffer around 90% but i only use my comp for browsing the net could this be a cause even though im burning at 4x?

First thing to try is burn at a slower speed x2 or try burning with nero, should solve your problem...

tried it with 2 programs the 2nd one being at the slowest speed of 4x turned out better i guess i need to clear out my pc and get rid of programs running in the background...bearing in mind that this doesn't happen with all dvd players just a few and in the same parts too

found out the problem, it was the dvd brand that i bought (traxdata with ritek ink) either that or because they were dvd-? didnt agree with my lg writer anyway never had any problems with my lite-on

Glad you got sorted mate, a friend had a problem with + discs in his pioneer, film would play and then just totally freeze around half way through...

A few years back I upgraded almost everything in the case thinking my problem lay there (costing a fortune) only to find later it was the media I was using....funnily enough the traxdata discs you mention though I find to be brilliant (but I've only ever had pioneer burners, will never change)

Back