Video capture alternatives

bn3

DW Member +
Reaction score
Any one recommend good video capture software for my game montages apart from fraps ?

Prioritising small raw size / quality / ease of use

Are you talking about USB capture devices?

My son bought something for his ps4 that records so he can put it on youtube?

Or are you talking about actual cards that sit inside the machine.

Regards
Mick

Actually just talking about software mick , I know a few but just wanted the feed back without having to test them all myself .

I'm starting to see why you never had this section in the forums before though I just don't think the members have an interest for it :)

Are you talking about USB capture devices?

My son bought something for his ps4 that records so he can put it on youtube?

Or are you talking about actual cards that sit inside the machine.

Regards
Mick

PS4 Mick? your well connected you arnt ya lol

you're wondering about applications to capture games?
I do some gaming videos explicit location racing games
I use fraps has more xsplit also captures and transmits live too
after the catch put everything in premiere and finalize.

sorry my english.

I find fraps to be to resource heavy , that's why I posted , it can kill my frame rates in game , I just started using dxtory instead , took some setting up but has no effect on my system while recording

Hi I tried this on your recommendation and quit frankly found the editing sof to simple and restricted to a lot of useless settings also the screen cap part of it didn't offer enough options and wanted to transcode every thing straight after I stopped recording , this may be changeable in the settings , but from my first impressions this is not suitable for me so I am sticking to dxtory and Sony Vegas for now unless others come up with anything good

You should try out Dxtory. Also there is a guy on YouTube called JackFrags who has a video on how to set it up to get decent picture quality with no lag.

Did you read any of this thread?

Back