jfish

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I haave a PC that is very slow start up and not into Windows

when I boot up get the BIOS screen and hangs for 5 mins then boots into Windows

once Windows loaded its normal

never seen that before

Is it happening every time? Have you ran updates lately on hardware or software and has it only started happening since then? First thing is to try and pinpoint when it started happening...if you do that then you might know what is then causing it.

Is it happening every time? Have you ran updates lately on hardware or software related and has it only started happening since then? First thing is to try and pinpoint when it started happening...if you do that then you might know what is then causing it.

Just thought... check out whether there is an update for your BIOS on the manufacturers website as well.

I haave a PC that is very slow start up and not into Windows

when I boot up get the BIOS screen and hangs for 5 mins then boots into Windows

once Windows loaded its normal

never seen that before

Go into the machine boot up section and turn off all boot options apart from the HD and try booting with that, see what happens

done bios reset still the same also when booting from CD same problem

its one of them all in one desktops with monitor so a pain to take apart

can u get in the inside of pc and disconnect hdd and cd rom then reboot then turn off and reconnect hdd cd drive then start
also is the cpu/fan clean ?

Last edited:
If it's hanging during the BIOS boot up it sounds as though it's looking at another source to boot from, or a piece of equipment is slow/defective. Mine takes ages to boot if I leave an SD card in the reader, even though it's set to boot from the HD only, it deffo sounds like there's a problem with the equipment check the BIOS does.

Back