Very Cheap R4's

Eddie2008

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just got a R4 Revolution V2 for £16 inc 2Gb Micro Sd Card Deliverd from Amazon in 2 Days Various Deals avalible . ( read?write adapter inc. but no software )

Here is the link :
[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Revolution-Version-2GB-Memory/dp/B0012ZOG2K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1218752102&sr=1-1[/ame]

V3 is avalible for a little more.

Last edited:
Well in the past i have paid £40 for these and this one is exactly the same as i received from Gadget Asia and it works 100% .
As for the V3 been a fake i dont know cos i never tried it .
Anyway its up to you if you want to pay more.

i've just ordered one, which kernel is it safe to upgrade to?

cheers

i've just ordered one, which kernel is it safe to upgrade to?

cheers

Pretty sure - but I'm wrong quite regularly - the problem is supposed to be from V1.20. Mine's running on V1.18 & all the games I've tried on it (before I buy them) work fine.
HH.

Pretty sure - but I'm wrong quite regularly - the problem is supposed to be from V1.20. Mine's running on V1.18 & all the games I've tried on it (before I buy them) work fine.
HH.

V1.20 ony works on the fake cards. The latest official release is V1.18. I'm not sure whether V1.18 works on the fake cards.

HH.

thanks mate that'll do me.

:Cheers:

Hi English
The Firmware i use is 1.18 and is 100% (so i guess thay are Genuine)
I have tried the Unoffical 1.21 and 1.19 all Thay do is Hang at the Loading Screen.
The 1.19-1.21 Firmware is I beleve for the SDHC Slot 1 R4 Devices .
Hope this Helps

Last edited:
Above link no longer exists.

Now price is about £19.50 inc P&P for R4 V2 inc 2Gb micro SD card.
Just orderd 2 more !!.

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/R4-Revolution-R4DS-Version-2/dp/B000T8YI56/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1]Amazon.co.uk: R4 Revolution(R4DS) Version 2: Electronics & Photo[/ame]

Well recieved My R4,s Which are Now V3 Type.
So it seems that the V3 R4 is the High capicity type taking Micro SD Cards upto 8Gb.
All V2 & V3 Types are genuine R4's just diffrent Kernels
Hope this clears up all the confusion about Fake R4's.

Well recieved My R4,s Which are Now V3 Type.
So it seems that the V3 R4 is the High capicity type taking Micro SD Cards upto 8Gb.
All V2 & V3 Types are genuine R4's just diffrent Kernels
Hope this clears up all the confusion about Fake R4's.

R4's that work on Software 1.18 are real. The rest including the V3 are fake.

Try this coupon code on ishopvideogame.com :

Coupon: JUNFJK, $5 Discount on R4, End 2008-10-31

Hi Telewest

In my experence using the wrong firmware on the R4 just causes the DS to hang whilest loading.

HH.

Best bit of that thread LOL
"W" yep i think your right but time will tell
@brains247 ever tried dealextreme or that where i always go fake or real

Back