VERSION 2.1! liams EnigmaX newcamd 2xI image

S

Speedy2206

Download it from here:
http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2JCC3D4TLELLG1KP3K7E8L45XS

This is my latest enigma image, named "EnigmaX Rev 2.1". It uses Newcamd instead of EvocamD, and is still working after the cable companies hit us with their system update.

Changelog

- Changed remote-set so that hidden menus are now activated.
- New boot logo to reflect new image version
- Unusued cams removed from image
- Updated emulatoren.xml to reflect unused cams
- EMU MANAGEMENT menu now accessible via blue button.
- Removed DB-Switch function
- Removed RSS reader (crashed box too often)
- Removed SPTS Mode from blue menu (not needed)
- Removed Satfind plugin (not really necessary)
- Combined bruteforce and normal scan options
- Added support for NVOD channels (yellow/green button)
- Changed User Interface.
- Auto-Bouquet Adjustment Fix
- Added "Neutrino Style" for those not comfortable with enigma
- GMT Time Zone (forgot to set this in previous image)
- Left and Right buttons now working on option menus
- Image should now be more suited for widescreen TVs
- Added a few games to the games list
- Added Teletext and TuxBox Commander
- No CIFS mount support! NFS only for now...

Its important that you realize that this image is completely different to (for example) Sportster, nextgen, boxcracker, etc, and that your services.xml and bouquets.xml files will NOT work. You will have to either do your own scan (very good scanning with this image), or convert your existing files to the new format.

Let me know how you get on, please leave feedback in this thread.
I posted it on the site yesterday but a few posts seem to have gone walkabout after the forum upgrade, so I've put it back on here :)

Liam.

Ahh done it again! I was supposed to add a little more detail to the description :)

Forgot to add; for those of you that don't like the new menu interface/layout, you can now use a "neutrino style" layout instead.

To activate it, on your remote control press:
DBOX-->Setup->OSD Settings-->Change Skin-->Neutrino Style.

Its not exactly identical to neutrino images but its very similar, so you should feel comfortable with it.

Also, check in the feedback thread for my previous enigma image to find out how to convert your neutrino services.xml files to the new format :)

Liam.

liam how do u change exisiting services bouquets to work with this?

yessss this is what i was looking for but it got removed this morning, i was reading liams and gav's disscussion yday about this, so liam have u managed to get the EPG working on this ?

MMMMMM....wait for the tweenies to finish and i will up it to the box. Cheers Liam, Excellent work !!!

@Anish: I sent my services to your supplied addy, it bounced back twice so i logged into my gmail account and sent it from there, let me know if you got it yet.

cheers dude just checked and its there thanks for that. Just flashing this new image will report in half an hour or so

harveybham said:
yessss this is what i was looking for but it got removed this morning, i was reading liams and gav's disscussion yday about this, so liam have u managed to get the EPG working on this ?

By EPG do you mean the now&next on the infobar, or the actual EPG (huge listing). If you mean the infobar; then it is working on some channels, but not all.

I found this from another forum:

this is an issue with all the Enigma images... technically the 'fault' is with our cable providers as they are not using the 'standard' for their EPG transmissions... it is however still possible to fix but needs work

I will try and work on a fix for this; but it involves heavy editing of the core files. For now, infobar is working on some channels.

Liam.

loady said:
MMMMMM....wait for the tweenies to finish and i will up it to the box. Cheers Liam, Excellent work !!!

@Anish: I sent my services to your supplied addy, it bounced back twice so i logged into my gmail account and sent it from there, let me know if you got it yet.

tweenies bit old for that aint you loady then again if it tickles your fancy m8 lol

cheers

yeh i meant the now and next bit, even on my image i dont have the whole epg well i do but only goes up 2 a day and a bit and it really slow so i dont use that, yh i mean the now and next bit is ok im used to that, im using the sporster uk04 image

liamcrayden said:
By EPG do you mean the now&next on the infobar, or the actual EPG (huge listing). If you mean the infobar; then it is working on some channels, but not all.

I found this from another forum:

I will try and work on a fix for this; but it involves heavy editing of the core files. For now, infobar is working on some channels.

Liam.

Liam i can confirm it works on some channels.

I found a really cool theme going to install and then will upload if anyone wants,

Liam each time i restart the box it takes around 1min for the channel to appear is this normal?

Anish1905 said:
Liam each time i restart the box it takes around 1min for the channel to appear is this normal?

I havent experienced that problem myself but if others are noticing it then I think I know whats wrong (I did alot of tweaking with settings; and think I've forgot to change something back!)

Liam.

yep, the other image was the same and Liam did mention that it takes a minute to load, i imagine its the same for this as well Anish, im gonna try it myself

ok got another bit of feeback maybe a bug, just notice that the synch between audio and video becomes out quite a bit. wasn;t the case with the other release shall we call 2.0

ok fixed it if anyone has this problem than by switch ac3 on from menu fix's it. well i think atleaset

Anish1905 said:
ok fixed it if anyone has this problem than by switch ac3 on from menu fix's it. well i think atleaset

Nice to see people working with the image and finding fixes for things that might be slightly out of place :)

Liam.

Need some help

Just flashed this image onto my 2x nokia and it looks great, but when I do a scan it almost finishes and then an error message comes up saying that it cannot create the file var/tuxbox/config/enigma, I also cannot put my modified services into var/tuxbox/config/enigma because it says I don't have permission to overwrite and I also cannot access the tmp folder to reflash an older image. Can someone please help me out because at the moment my box is useless.

Sounds like the image has been locked somehow (we still dont know why this happens with ANY image). If you like the image and want to keep it, then simply reflash the box with the same image file.

When it loads back up; put your converted services into the image straight away via FTP and dont attempt a scan.

Interesting comment you have made tho...

What flashing method do you think I should use? I always use windows built in ftp (for example ftp://10.0.0.2), but as I said that is impossible because I cannot access the tmp folder.

jammin said:
What flashing method do you think I should use? I always use windows built in ftp (for example ftp://10.0.0.2), but as I said that is impossible because I cannot access the tmp folder.

You will need to use IFA (Image Flashing Assistant). If you're not familiar with it and need some guidance, theres a tutorial on how to use it in the downloads section :)

Liam.

liamcrayden said:
<snip>

To activate it, on your remote control press:
DBOX-->Setup->OSD Settings-->Change Skin-->Neutrino Style.

<snip>

Liam.

Is it just me but if I try to change back it doesn't ?

I just reflashed the box with a backup I made before I changed the setting it was strange it didn't go back.

Between you and Gav i'm not watching to much tv to busy playing with images :) :D :)

Have fun

Back