VERSION 2.1! liams EnigmaX newcamd 2xI image

Thanks for your help :), I'll give IFA a try and let you know how I get on

@Liam

I used IFA and managed to flash Gav's nextgen19.11.05 onto my box. Thanks for your help :)

enigma

hi liam i have just put this on and all seems fine the box i put it on was a little troublesome it locks up after about an hour. with this on it locked up at first after a couple of seconds ,so i rebooted and its fine again,been on two hours now,one funny thing though,i changed skin to enigma and it locked up again changed back dosnt lock.hope this is of help
cheers

jammin said:
@Liam

I used IFA and managed to flash Gav's nextgen19.11.05 onto my box. Thanks for your help :)

No problem :)

bonehead said:
hi liam i have just put this on and all seems fine the box i put it on was a little troublesome it locks up after about an hour. with this on it locked up at first after a couple of seconds ,so i rebooted and its fine again,been on two hours now,one funny thing though,i changed skin to enigma and it locked up again changed back dosnt lock.hope this is of help
cheers

Hi thanks. Not too sure what would have caused that. Is it a 16MB nokia box by any chance? Liam.

how do you convert service and bouguet xml to work with this image and where do yoyu place them please can any one help i am in bradford telrpest

lloyd said:
how do you convert service and bouguet xml to work with this image and where do yoyu place them please can any one help i am in bradford telrpest

Hi if you do a search for my older version of the enigmaX image then theres some instructions on how to convert it on there :)
Liam.

liamcrayden said:
No problem :)

Hi thanks. Not too sure what would have caused that. Is it a 16MB nokia box by any chance? Liam.
hi m8 no its not a nokia its a sagem,didnt make sense to me either,but it seems to have fixed freezing and chirping up to now fingers crossed

Aw crap! my own fault I know but I've just system keined my box trying to apply this image.

I presumed I could just use my normal method of FTPing the image to /tmp and then reflashing from the interface but it seems to have fckd up.

I presume this image can only be applied using IFA?

How are you supposed to tell when this is this case? I must have applied 20 sportster and boxcracker images without a single problem using the FTP method.

I've ordered a null modem cable to try and revive the box anyway.

enigma

hi liam
after using for two days now,i have noticed that if i do some channel hopping,i find that it seems to get interferance from the channel that i have changed from,ie it locks up chirps,and i hear audio,and see a small amount of video,mixed in with the channel i have switched to,if i turn box off all is ok,if i leave on one channel,its fine,best picture i have had
hope this is of some help
cheers

bonehead said:
hi liam
after using for two days now,i have noticed that if i do some channel hopping,i find that it seems to get interferance from the channel that i have changed from,ie it locks up chirps,and i hear audio,and see a small amount of video,mixed in with the channel i have switched to,if i turn box off all is ok,if i leave on one channel,its fine,best picture i have had
hope this is of some help
cheers

Thanks, I think I have found the fix for this.
Cheers

Hi Liam,

can I just ask where you put plugin files in enigma? eg tuxmail and tuxwetter.

thanks

They go in

/lib/tuxbox/plugins

Remember to CHMOD 755 the files so that they are executable.

Liam

cheers liam.

it is not letting me transfer files there. something about not having the permission.

thanks

ivorhooper said:
cheers liam.

it is not letting me transfer files there. something about not having the permission.

thanks

The image has become locked. And I can finally tell you how it happens :) (this applies to all images).

Basically there is only a certain amount of space on the box. The image and all its files takes up nearly ALL of this space.

My enigmaX image has about 39kb of free space remaining.

Heres where it becomes locked.
If you try to add a file LARGER than 39kb, then the file transfer will FAIL, and the image will then lock itself. You wont be able to upload any new files to the box; even if you delete others.

The only way round it is to reflash the image.
Liam.

just out of interest liam - the .so and .cfg files go where you say, but what about the .conf files and other stuff for tuxwetter. Where do they go?
cheers

The .conf files go into /var/tuxbox/config (same as usual)
That path is hardcoded into the .so files, so the path will always be the same for .conf files (unless stated otherwise ;)

Liam

Cannot download liams enigmaX newcamd 2xI

Hi Dizzy
I HAVE TRIED USING THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE ABOVE FILE. I SUBSCRIBED TO THE SEND IT WEB SITE BUT IT ONLY ALLOWS ME TO SEND, NOT RECEIVE FILES CAN YOU HELP??

ajenk said:
Hi Dizzy
I HAVE TRIED USING THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE ABOVE FILE. I SUBSCRIBED TO THE SEND IT WEB SITE BUT IT ONLY ALLOWS ME TO SEND, NOT RECEIVE FILES CAN YOU HELP??

same for me m8, the web link has expired, any chance someone could point me in the right direction or e mail me a copy

sorry just noticed its been posted in the downloads section cheers

Last edited:
just tried image dizzy

clean as a whistle, i had to renew as the original enigmax inally started to die today, froze repeatdly every 5 mins or so after working like a dream for 6 months. Version 2.1 has been running all day without a glitch
cheers m8

Back