vehicle hit my parked car and drove off.

manutd4life

DW Regular
Reaction score
well i finished playing footy last night at gateshead stadium and got in my car and noticed a letter on my windscreen. i read it and it said, "Hi, sorry hit car call me. 07939577043"
so i got out and checked the damage and it wasnt a lot so i thought well atleast they gave me there number. so i was ok about it. well i phoned that number today and it says number not in use, that is where i got really pished off. they obv made the car alarm go off so people saw them do it and just written any number on the sheet so no one would say anything. well if they would have gave me there real number i wasnt gonna go through the insurance to save there premium as the gave me there contact number but they will be in shit creek now if the cctv was positioned on my car as i have notified the police, so they will get done for leaving the scene of an accident or summit like that and i have notified my insurance company so there premium will go up now. just hope they were caught on cctv or i will have to pay it myself. i might just ask the staff to put a notice in there window of reception askin did any see anything, hopefully some will come forward. BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. plus i was looking to sell the car after my house was done up for a newer car but that is now out the window as i will lose money on it because of the damage.

I know it is really fecking annoying when some tw*t does this kind of thing, but the last thing I would have done is contact my insurance, it looks like a cheap enough repair and I would personally take it on the chin and pay for it myself........... it aint fair but it saves you a hell of a lot of hassle, and money in the long run

PS, I see your driving a Volvo(Built like Sherman Tanks) so have a look around the carpark next week and see if there is any similar damage or even more lol

i would contact my insurance cos i know people who make a claim saying it was your fault even though your car was parked up and stationary

they will lie to stop themselves from forking out

i would ring your insurance company and advise off them of the incident but you dont want to process the claim

if your able to get a number plate from witnesses then i owuld go to the police and ask the owner to ring you and require they settle for the damage otherwise you will put an insurance claim in and also get the police to do em for driving away from an accident

bastereds m8, Lucky there only a sligh crease in the quater panal, Tat back panal will clost less than the full quaterpanal to replace witch i suppose is somthing

I hope you find them though.

i would contact my insurance cos i know people who make a claim saying it was your fault even though your car was parked up and stationary

they will lie to stop themselves from forking out

i would ring your insurance company and advise off them of the incident but you dont want to process the claim

if your able to get a number plate from witnesses then i owuld go to the police and ask the owner to ring you and require they settle for the damage otherwise you will put an insurance claim in and also get the police to do em for driving away from an accident

i am gonna get them done anyway for fcuking me about and i rang insurance already and gave them the police log number.

PS, I see your driving a Volvo(Built like Sherman Tanks) so have a look around the carpark next week and see if there is any similar damage or even more lol

there car should be more damaged as i have reversed into a scrapyard skip(lol) and fcuk all happened apart from a scratch and an big bang so everyone looked at me.lol i got out and said good car theses and walked away.

just got a phone call from the police, he has reported himself to the same station i went to because he thought he had given the wrong phone number so the police have given me his details. im glad his guilty conceince took over so that iill save my money and as for given the wrong number thats bullsh1t, he went in cause he didnt want to be caught by the police and to get done.he knew he gave the wrong number because otherwise he wouldnt have gone to the police station. this has made me more angry in way for some reason.

just got a phone call from the police, he has reported himself to the same station i went to because he thought he had given the wrong phone number so the police have given me his details. im glad his guilty conceince took over so that iill save my money and as for given the wrong number thats bullsh1t, he went in cause he didnt want to be caught by the police and to get done.he knew he gave the wrong number because otherwise he wouldnt have gone to the police station. this has made me more angry in way for some reason.

Feel for you mate really do, but it is slightly posible the bloke didnt hear from you and thought its weired.. had no means of contacting you and went to the police to check if you had reported it..

If it was someone who didnt give a toss he wouldnt of gone to the police.. a chancer waits to be caught..

Glad though you got his details.. and count yourself lucky he owned up to what happened..

Happy days all round :)

my guess is the police have got his plate and given him the option to come in or get arrested

i would do a bit more damage to your car now and get some quotes from local garages

when he comes over to speak to you show him quotes and say you want the money plus a bit more for inconvenience or you go through insurance

as it is his fault it shouldn't affect any no claims discounts

Feel for you mate really do, but it is slightly posible the bloke didnt hear from you and thought its weired.. had no means of contacting you and went to the police to check if you had reported it..

If it was someone who didnt give a toss he wouldnt of gone to the police.. a chancer waits to be caught..

Glad though you got his details.. and count yourself lucky he owned up to what happened..

Happy days all round :)

just phoned and said he was in a panic and gave his old mobile number, he said get quotes and hell gve me the money, fair enough imo

my guess is the police have got his plate and given him the option to come in or get arrested

i would do a bit more damage to your car now and get some quotes from local garages

when he comes over to speak to you show him quotes and say you want the money plus a bit more for inconvenience or you go through insurance

as it is his fault it shouldn't affect any no claims discounts

i dont want extra money really, i just want the car fixed so its in a sellable state.

go get your hammer and accidentally smack it in a bit more

lets milk the c**t

i got 450 quid off some oap for reversing into my parked car - the bloke should be nowhere near the bloody road

To be honest with you, he probably is telling the truth mate...

If someone had seen the accident, its not likely they would have remembered his number plate details and he was decent enough to at least contact the police, with these things there isnt actually much chance of being caught, I was parked on the road once and a Bus sliced through the back of my car, it scraped through and ripped the actual back wing of my car, cutting through the metal cost me a fortune to repair as its a coupe... Someone said they saw it happen but they didnt really take the number down of the bus or anything.

He probably did just accidently leave his old number, as you said it was out of service when you called, if he had just made up a random number then you probably would have got someone else answering the phone who had nothing to do with it :)

^ Attitude like the above is why its hard to actually trust anyone these days when things like this happen because of fraudulent claims like that... Its the reason why insurance is so high and why people are forced to have to go through their insurance and then pay even more in the long run just to stop themselves being robbed by exaggerated claims.

Last edited:
could of left a note on the windowscreen

i reckon he drove and thought i might be able to get away with it then he prob remebered there was a few witnesses and started to panic

still i would milk him cos he first thought was sod it

To be honest with you, he probably is telling the truth mate...

If someone had seen the accident, its not likely they would have remembered his number plate details and he was decent enough to at least contact the police, with these things there isnt actually much chance of being caught, I was parked on the road once and a Bus sliced through the back of my car, it scraped through and ripped the actual back wing of my car, cutting through the metal cost me a fortune to repair as its a coupe... Someone said they saw it happen but they didnt really take the number down of the bus or anything.QUOTE]

i have been hit with an uninsured,no licence driver that gave me false details after i chased him round team valley to make him give me these. but i went to police and they found him, lukily MIB payed me the costs as they dont always have too.

could of left a note on the windowscreen

i reckon he drove and thought i might be able to get away with it then he prob remebered there was a few witnesses and started to panic

still i would milk him cos he first thought was sod it

Did you not read the first post m8,he did leave a note;

Glad its all working out for u manutd4life could have so easily gone the other way.

BAD luck reply Beware

well ime sorry to here of your problem but this is what happened to me i was parked in my car on a main road when a nice person side swiped my car and too the side off 2 week old new car. i thought they will stop but no kept goin i biped my horn and got their car number etc. phoned the police straight away. i had model car reg and police said local driver. thought nothing of it hit and run.

she then claimed not to be there and i told insure come on look at her car must be damaged mine is. they have no authority police or insure if it is on mine and her say so. so we cancell each other out.

she got away with it and i payed the excess.

then low and behold 6 weeks aqo car now 10 months old. nice person came into my house have door that you can turn handle and walk in most plastic doors are same no yale.
in walked this person took my car keys and then took my car. i noticed when i went to bed. insurance said if nt found will write off in 21 days but because the came into my house and took the keys they would not pay out 18 grand leaving me with the debt.
nice.... so people are allowed to walk into your house and take things its not burgelry in the eyes of the insurance it has to be a forced entry.....

so beware!!!!!

anyway nice police found my car within 24 hours the on the beat comunity officers... thats why they always are walkin round.

so just again 75 for the excess hopefully it doest come in 3s

lol lynda

Glad you finally got it sorted and got his details. I had the opposite happen to me a few years ago, when i first passed me test lol. I drove into the back of someone, caught the crumple zone of my car and popped the radiator. The other car drove off pmsl, but looking at their car as the drove off there was a crack in the bumper, thats it. I was on my break at work and instead of going back in for the night i went and reported it at the police station, heard nowt since. So some people do drive off, probs due to no license etc at least you have your man lol and its hopefully going to get sorted now :Cheers:

Back