Valencia reject Man Utd Silva bid

Baaheeduk

Inactive User
Reaction score
In a house with lots of alcohol on the go!!
Valencia have rejected a bid by Manchester United for David Silva, according to the striker's agent.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson wants a new forward before the transfer window closes on 31 August - but £20m-rated Silva, 22, wants to stay at Valencia.

The Spanish international's agent Julio Llorente said: "United made an offer for David Silva, but this has been turned down by Valencia."

He also said, if Silva had to move, he would prefer Real Madrid or Barcelona.

"Silva doesn't want to play in England because he is happy at Valencia," he said. "His family are settled and if he was to move it would only be to another Spanish club, like Real Madrid or Barcelona.

"David Silva will start the new season at Valencia."

Silva, who plays in an advanced attacking role for both his club and country, has been closely linked with a number of top clubs this summer after helping Spain to win the European Championship in June with a series of inspired displays.

But it appears highly unlikely the player will be moving soon, unless Valencia decide to sell.

"He doesn't want to play in another country at the moment," said Llorente.

"Valencia have the power in their hands. David Silva can't go to another team because he has a contract for five more years."

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7556794.stm

Published: 2008/08/12 15:35:33 GMT

© BBC MMVIII

if this is true it is a shame as i think he is a good player but we don't need him desperately, what we need is a striker hopefully Berbatov will join us!

As for Silva he is a winger or an attack minded midfielder not a striker hence i feel not priority as we have:

Ronaldo
Nani
Giggs
Anderson
Park

maybe the new Brazilian twins we have can even play as wingers

Spain midfielder David Silva ends weeks of speculation over his future by agreeing a long-term contract extension with Valencia. Manchester United has reportedly made a bid for the player

he is a good player but i dont think we need him...

we got enough cover in his position.. but he is a good player none the less..

we need a centre forward!!

the 2 i think we should sign

the 2 i think we should sign

benzima french striker

Schweinsteiger german winger/foward

I think the Silva bid was only a ploy for the attempt to sign Berbatov. I'm sure they knew they wouldnt get him and they didnt need him currently

Back