Vaccine for 12-15 year olds

Would you/Will you allow your kids to have the Covid Vaccine.

• Total voters

melttc

DW Regular
Reaction score
Guys

What are your views on this and will you be letting your kids take this vaccine?
For me it is damned if you do damned if you don't , I believe the kids have the final say on this?

Thanks.

I definitely won’t be letting my son have it, the stats show that health under 40’s are more at risk from the vaccine than the jab.
the JVCI said no so this is political not science and how can a child make a decision like that, parental responsibility must be upheld or this is a slippery slope.
This is still an experimental vaccine, this has not been tested properly for kids or adults so we have no idea what the consequences are longer term (I am double jabbed before getting accused for being anti vac’s and son is up to date on all other jabs)

I definitely won’t be letting my son have it, the stats show that health under 40’s are more at risk from the vaccine than the jab.
the JVCI said no so this is political not science and how can a child make a decision like that, parental responsibility must be upheld or this is a slippery slope.
This is still an experimental vaccine, this has not been tested properly for kids or adults so we have no idea what the consequences are longer term (I am double jabbed before getting accused for being anti vac’s and son is up to date on all other jabs)
I hear you and have to say i am undecided and apparently the child can Over rule and take the vaccine anyway which sounds a bit crazy to me , parental responsibility must play a a part?
And again I am not an anti vac or think any negatives about peoples different views , It has to be personal choice but do se both sides of the argument.

It has to be personal choice but do se both sides of the argument.
That’s where I differ, I don’t see both sides when it’s the kids.
1) JVCI said no benefit so did not recommend
2) kids are not at risk, in fact some stats say that 60% have natural immunity as have had covid, so why not to antigen test to see if immune as that is stronger and longer than vaccines effectiveness
3) A 12 year old is not able to make such an important decision, will be bullied by left wing teaching unions that have throughout this pandemic never put the kids first.

just my views

I would yes, if they agree, but I would probably avoid the az. As for kids are not at risk... I would say less likely too die, but not impossible.

4-Year-Old Texas Girl Dies of COVID After Unvaccinated Mom Contracts Virus: 'She Was Beautiful'

No one is 100% safe but Sajaid Jarvis said in the house yesterday that the inflection fatality rate is 0.096 so comparable to flu and a significant proportion of deaths in Uk are in the over 65’s of which 90% are double jabbed.

The JVCI said the risks outweigh the benefits which implies more kids will die from reactions to the jab than from COVID.

I also say one study said 60% of kids have antibodies so don’t need the jab, I am sure this is political to appease teaches and unions and to stop them forcing the closing of schools more than the health of our children.

I am not sure, but I will say that the practicality of 12-15 is stupid, it should be 11-15 as they are going to go to schools to deliver it and if they start at 12 they will miss 1/2 of Year 7 (what we used to call 1st Year) which is crazy.

I am not sure, but I will say that the practicality of 12-15 is stupid, it should be 11-15 as they are going to go to schools to deliver it and if they start at 12 they will miss 1/2 of Year 7 (what we used to call 1st Year) which is crazy.

A really good point, shows how ill thought out this is.

Of those that have brothers and sisters in primary school they will infect so let’s jab from birth.

did I see ONS announce there have bee 19 deaths with COVID in the range they are now vaccinating?

Wow this is crazy , In all honesty i think the masks should have stayed.
We went from lockdown to a free for all , The masks i believe played a big part and yes obviously we don't want to wear forever but freedom but with masks isn't so bad for another 6 months but now we face further lockdowns/firebreaks.

its to try prevent the numbers of cases blowing up like it has up here in scotland due to schools going back
still not sure its good for the kids. at least up here kids in school still need to wear masks in class.

If the JVCI have said not recommended and no benefit, I can't imagine many parents would allow their child to have the jab?
Under normal circumstances I would agree with you but the propaganda machine has been busy and people have allowed themselves to be programmed by their TV's for last 18 months and, like Boris, will be blind to the truth.

Under normal circumstances I would agree with you but the propaganda machine has been busy and people have allowed themselves to be programmed by their TV's for last 18 months and, like Boris, will be blind to the truth.

TVs are not the issue here. Social media, and the massive anti-vaxx disinformation propaganda are what are to blame for this. There are still people dying because they're refusing a vaccine as it hasn't been tested. We're living in a dystopian society, much like "I am Legend".

TVs are not the issue here. Social media, and the massive anti-vaxx disinformation propaganda are what are to blame for this. There are still people dying because they're refusing a vaccine as it hasn't been tested. We're living in a dystopian society, much like "I am Legend".
Perhaps, but not kids, which is what this thread is about.

Well as those 12-15yrs olds wouldn't be able to make that decision, then my point is still absolutley valid. And there are cases of children dying from Covid.
And there are at least as many dying from the effects of the experimental jabs. So why take the chance?

And there are at least as many dying from the effects of the experimental jabs. So why take the chance?
What?

Can you elaborate on your point, as I don't want to take an inference.

Are you saying that as many people are dying from taking the jab, as those that haven't?

Are you speaking specifically about children dying, or adults?

Can you provide sources for this information that you've alluded too?

Will you be quoting the 98% survival rate per chance...

What?

Can you elaborate on your point, as I don't want to take an inference.

Are you saying that as many people are dying from taking the jab, as those that haven't?

Are you speaking specifically about children dying, or adults?

Can you provide sources for this information that you've alluded too?

Will you be quoting the 98% survival rate per chance...

I am referring to children (<16 yo), as this is what the thread is about.

The UK government's own JCVI has already said the benefits do not outweigh the risks. (And this is before any long term data are available).
Boris/Javid have chosen to ignore this and press ahead anyway, no doubt they have friends benefiting financially (and yes, this government does have a proven track record in this respect).

98% survival rate? Where did that come from?

So where is the evidence showing that as many dying from the effects of the experimental jabs? You've made a sweeping statement there, and nothing to back it up.

Yes the JVCI recommends not to vaccinate children that age, but then you've made this into an attack on the government for no reason. That is not to say, that the people making these decisions may well be making money from the companies offering the services.

Also as the children are under legal consenting age, then it'll be the parent/guardian making the final decision regardless of what the government suggests.

Back