Vaccine for 12-15 year olds

Would you/Will you allow your kids to have the Covid Vaccine.

• Total voters
@nara Those are the numbers I have read and peer reviewed reports so what part of what is said was bollox in your view?

I am keen to listen and gather info from all sides I am not anti vax, I am not a covid denier and I do t get all me news from mainstream media or social media.
I try to stay as informed as I can and above based on ONS official data does seem
To me to imply the vaccine is not stopping infection only deaths.
Which is what I stated and you took umbrage to.

overthefence is right, the vaccine basically prepares your body with the necessary anti bodies so it "Lessens the blow" when you do eventually contract the virus because you will.
My next door currently has Covid and is self isolating. He has been double jabbed the last jab a month back. He has no more than a sore throat and a bit of a temperature but who knows what his condition had of been if his body hadn't been prepared for Covid with the vaccination.

My point to kids having the vaccine is, transmission in vaccinated people is at a far lower rate than unvaccinated. The virus might not do them any harm but kids are germ factories. and they will keep spreading and spreading. Anything that can aid us by slowing the speed of transmission down is in my books a good thing.

Just on the subject of flu and Covid and death figures. Flu deaths are based on a very small number been vaccinated and people going about their daily lives with no lockdown and isolation.

Can you imagine having the same approach with Covid as to flu ?

they'd be piling the bodies up high

Last edited:
My point to kids having the vaccine is, transmission in vaccinated people is at a far lower rate than unvaccinated. The virus might not do them any harm but kids are germ factories. and they will keep spreading and spreading. Anything that can aid us by slowing the speed of transmission down is in my books a good thing.

I get that 100% but it is not clear how many children have already have covid, I read it was 50-60% that have natural immunity that is stronger and last longer than the vaccine so they don’t need the vaccine.

why not as I have said before so antigen tests to see how many actually have it and thus don’t need the jab?

I get that 100% but it is not clear how many children have already have covid, I read it was 50-60% that have natural immunity that is stronger and last longer than the vaccine so they don’t need the vaccine.

why not as I have said before so antigen tests to see how many actually have it and thus don’t need the jab?
Where did you read it our of interest?

Those are the numbers I have read and peer reviewed reports so what part of what is said was bollox in your view?

The part that I highlighted (I thought I'd already said that?).

As far as your interpretation of peer reviewed reports goes, I think you need to pay more attention. Two and two doesn't make five. It never has.

The part that I highlighted (I thought I'd already said that?).

As far as your interpretation of peer reviewed reports goes, I think you need to pay more attention. Two and two doesn't make five. It never has.
Indeed I misspoke and that one in particular was not peer reviewed but loads I read is.
Hey ho you have your opinion and are a die in the wall pro vaccinate health people and I am a die in the wall anti vaccinating my kids so I won’t post on here again as turned from a discussion to accusations of talking bollox so can’t hold a rational conversation without slagging people off.

I have always said from the beginning, we kept testing people to see if they had Covid when the virus (in alot of cases) showed no symptoms but we we never tested to see if we had anti bodies.

No ones quite sure how long the anti bodies last within the our systems our how strong they are after a certain length of time to repell Covid.
Regardless we should all be given a booster whether it be every 6-12 months.

I'm all for kids getting jabbed and those who say no probably never questioned all the other vaccines their kids have had.

Again I put it down to social media and the boll#cks it spews out
blEkcyC.jpg

I'm tired of hearing the armchair scientists refer to the vaccine as "experimental". It went through that during the testing stage. Once the vaccines became approved, not in just one, but in many Countries they ceased to become experimental and became a "tried and tested" drug.

Worldwide there are over 6 billion doses been given, 2.5 billion like myself have been double vaccinated. How many more do the geniuses need before they consider it to be out of the "experimental" phase. :rolleyes:

They need to read up, in layman's terms you are given a small dose of the Covid virus slightly modified so it doesn't make you seriously ill that's why some feel abit off colour for a day. A similar has been around for years (flu jab) but I don't see anyone ripping up trees complaining.

Your "own" body then makes anti bodies in prep for when you do contract the real deal so your better prepared to fight the virus.

Been vaccinated means means a far shorter contagious period which inturn means your less infectious which also means less people will contract the virus, not science, math.

Simple solution ?, devise a simple test to check for anti bodies. If you don't have any then get vaccinated or just get done and stop been a soft arse.

The reason why we should all be vaccinated in my book is to fight the virus together using every current method available. Shaking your head and saying no need or why bother won't help it will simply hinder.

So back to the question, should 12-15 year old be vaccinated ?, yes, or, if you've been reading the crap on the net then test for anti bodies and if you don't have any get jabbed and do your bit you little scrouts

I'm tired of hearing the armchair scientists refer to the vaccine as "experimental". It went through that during the testing stage. Once the vaccines became approved, not in just one, but in many Countries they ceased to become experimental and became a "tried and tested" drug.

Worldwide there are over 6 billion doses been given, 2.5 billion like myself have been double vaccinated. How many more do the geniuses need before they consider it to be out of the "experimental" phase. :rolleyes:
There are 7.8 million people in the world of which 2.2 billion are children, I can see we're you are getting you 6 million figure from but cannot see how it can be correct

Silverdale they already have an antigen test, although not simple, I took one l march 2020 where you prick your finger and put a small amount of blood in the test port. Looks just like the current latteral flow tests. The ONS where doing a study.

Back