Vaccine for 12-15 year olds

Would you/Will you allow your kids to have the Covid Vaccine.

• Total voters
So where is the evidence showing that as many dying from the effects of the experimental jabs? You've made a sweeping statement there, and nothing to back it up.

Yes the JVCI recommends not to vaccinate children that age, but then you've made this into an attack on the government for no reason. That is not to say, that the people making these decisions may well be making money from the companies offering the services.

Also as the children are under legal consenting age, then it'll be the parent/guardian making the final decision regardless of what the government suggests.
I do check info I find on websites and judge for myself whether or not I find them credible. I was satisfied that the site I saw which reported 2 deaths/million in 12~15 yo from vaccine complications (quoting figures from VAERS IIRC) was legit but I can't remember where I saw it. When I find it again I will post it, you can make your own mind up.

The reason I attacked the government I would have though is quite clear - JCVI says 'no benefit', gov't goes ahead anyway. I would attack any organisation pushing a needless medical procedure for personal financial gain.

As for your 'consenting age' comment, is this good enough for you?

Covid teams can vaccinate pupils against parents’ wishes, schools told | Schools | The Guardian

When the virus mutates enough times to the point that it has as just as bad of an affect on the under 15's as it does on the over 70's would you change your mind then with this "experimental" vaccine ?.

The vaccine wasn't developed in 6 months please read up. If mine were under they'd be jabbed 100% sure.

Well i can tell you that my 17 year old got his vaccine way before the general release of 17/18 year olds. He goes to college in an area that had high rates and the college offered all students to opportunity to get in early with his vaccine.

For those who think this is still an experimental drug, i found something on the net that is interesting.

Attachments

• d41586-021-02483-w_19660718.png
    d41586-021-02483-w_19660718.png
    194.5 KB · Views: 20
This type of vaccination method has been and tested for donkeys years, the pandemic cut through red tape time scale for release.
One leading UK Virologist said that what would take 6-12 months for another country to pass on to another took days when the pandemic was at its peak.

Rather than post up your against vaccination please tell us YOUR solution to the pandemic and how we stop millions more from dying ?. Its no good denouncing something unless you have a better solution, politician crap that.

1000's of older people are alive today due to the vaccine. One day you'll be old,

and so will the virus

They won't because they simply don't believe covid exists. They all ready off the same hymn sheet that this is an experimental drug and we are all being forced to take it just as the nazis forced others in the 2nd world war and it tanter mount to a war crime.

They won't because they simply don't believe covid exists. They all ready off the same hymn sheet that this is an experimental drug and we are all being forced to take it just as the nazis forced others in the 2nd world war and it tanter mount to a war crime.
There's millions of These conspiracy theorist, this is the level they all think at
Screenshot_20210919-132220_Chrome.jpg "Your honor, I rest my case

Just to set the record straight here, I am NOT antivax, quite the contrary. I believe that 'traditional' vaccines have played a major role in eradicating some nasty diseases in the past and will likely continue to do so.
I am not keen on this one (understatement) for the numerous reasons I have stated previously, I also do not believe it is anywhere near as effective (in preventing infection, transmission & death) as is being claimed. Raw figures (i.e. not 'massaged' by the media) support my belief.
@silverdale - when viruses mutate (naturally) they become less virulent, not more. It would not benefit the virus' propagation if it killed more of its hosts as corpses tend not to spread it. I also appreciate your optimism that one day I'll be old - a few weeks ago you had me dead by the end of the year!!
One of wonderful things about the UK is that we still (for the moment anyway) have the right to choose what we have pumped into our bodies, but these rights are being eroded and one of my fears is that, even if this junk turns out to be relatively benign, there may come a day when we are forced to take something genuinely harmful.
@kegnkiwi, it's an impressive-looking graphic, but despite 60 years of research & testing, it doesn't mention any results, nor does it mention that none of the testing was done on humans. Possibly because certain animal trials didn't go terribly well with a 100% death rate when the subjects were exposed to the virus post-vax.
I'm not denying covid exists, I think of it more as a re-branded flu, and quite a nasty one at that, as it affects more than the lungs by (potentially) causing blood clotting in numerous organs, the lungs being the most frequent. But I do not believe it presents as much of a threat as is being hyped. There are countless more dangerous conditions putting people in hospitals. 2020's overall mortality was well within statistical norms, and this was before any jabs were generally available.
@silverdale I am neither a virologist nor epidemiologist so I don't have the answers you (and so many others) seek. But I think it is sensible to look overseas at how other countries who adopted different measures fared.
Protect the most vulnerable; offer jabs to those who want them (after all, if they're soooo effective the non-jabbed should pose them no threat) and allow life to continue for the rest of us. More effort could also be put into finding effective treatments as, come what may, the spread will never stop with or without so-called 'vaccines'.
As for that Alabama couple, well trust the Daily Fail to dig that one up! ONE couple? In a country of 300+million? Statistically that's always going to happen (just like everyone had that old auntie who smoked 40 a day & lived into her 90's), but notice the silence on how many double-jabbed have died. This is a prime example how the media twist things. It's subtle until you look for it. Once you see it you can't unsee it.

Re-branded flu ?, seriously you need to read up m8 the only similarity is that they are both a virus.

Once in your system it works in a total different way from the common cold or flu.

How many people have died through been vaccinated how many have died through not getting the jab ?.

Social media has given the conspiracy theorist a platform to spread stupid rumours and lies.
I don't remember the same fuss been made with the TB jab and mmr which proves the world's going going gone mad

I do check info I find on websites and judge for myself whether or not I find them credible. I was satisfied that the site I saw which reported 2 deaths/million in 12~15 yo from vaccine complications (quoting figures from VAERS IIRC) was legit but I can't remember where I saw it. When I find it again I will post it, you can make your own mind up.

So 2 deaths per million? I think that's what you've written. If so, then you've definitely made a sweeping statement, and without additional information to go upon (Underlying conditions etc), it would be hard to formulate a more informed opinion on why they died etc. But I am summising, that if they were having the jab at that age, then they're likely immuno-deficient in some manner.

Im not a fan of the daily fail either, too right wing for me. But they get a lot of their news from reddit, and there are several threads within reddit showing the idiocy of people (Especially in the US), lepoardsatemyface/hermancainawards are just two of those subreddits. The amount of people that have died because they think they know better than doctors/virologists/scientists, or believe they are protected by the blood of some omnipotent skyman, it's absolutley incredible.

As with any disease, we will only eradicate it if everyone pulls in the same direction. Much like small pox, polio for instance, they've been pretty much eradicated, but have small out breaks usually due to selfish idiots who think they know better than the vast research and development within this industry. The measles outbreak in the Tongan islands for instance, even though measles is completely preventable with a vaccine.

And my personal favourite is, that you wont take a free vaccine, because it's made by big pharma, but you'll happily take horse parasite paste, incidently, that is also made by the exact same big pharma you don't trust about the vaccine.

So on the stats, 60000 people have died alone in Texas. The US has had 692,002 deaths, whilst they have a population of 300m, that's still a large proportion of people that have died, and people are still vulnerable to the disease, and mutations will happen as people are not vaccinated. You say about unvaccinated people not being an issue to vaccinated people, you clearly don't understand how viruses work and how mutation of the virus works. Any unvaccinated person can mutate the virus, and eventually it will have mutated so much that no vaccine will work, and we will again have to develop a new vaccine.

It's also not a rebranded flu. Flu doesn't kill the amount of people this virus has, and certainly not within the same time scales, nor is it as infectious. It attacks the lungs, causes massive respitory problems, as well as attacking the organs. Flu doesn't do any of that, so it's not even in the same league. SARS, yes, Flu, no!

I'd also be interested in seeing your sources for;

"Possibly because certain animal trials didn't go terribly well with a 100% death rate when the subjects were exposed to the virus post-vax."

"There are countless more dangerous conditions putting people in hospitals. 2020's overall mortality was well within statistical norms,"

"the site I saw which reported 2 deaths/million in 12~15 yo from vaccine complications"

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Above gives a good breakdown of countries and deaths from Covid. Im going to bet my left nut that the stats for all other disease deaths will not amount to anything near those figures, and hospitalisations of people won't even be close to those figures. But i'll await your response and sources.

Not sure why with covid we always seem to have this pile on. Just because someone says they don’t think the risk / rewards of vaccinating kids 12-15 does not make them conspiracy theorists now anti vaxers.
It’s like brexit all over you either agree with more you are a f’ing inbred idiot.

I always thought the government said follow the science well the JVCI said there is no medical radon to vaccinate kids so this is not about safety or science it’s about popularity as they know so many are living in fear (a fear they created).

The data a saw last week said the AZ vaccine was 7.6% effective in stopping a double jabbed person getting the virus so vaccines are stopping infection just deaths so why then vaccinate healthy kids.

Not so long ago ever Chris Witty said the pre was no justification for vaccinating kids yet pressure applied and now says oh it’s better for there mental health.

a mental health the government gave no sh*t about when they locked them all up.

As with any disease, we will only eradicate it if everyone pulls in the same direction. Much like small pox,
Small pox is or was only found in humans hence it was quite easy to eradicate.
These new viruses cross over from the animal world.
Our only defence is technology within the medical world not social distancing but as long as we have a gang of people out there with who think there's politicians eating babies or they will become "Magnatron" the cutlery man or even grow a second head were f##kered.

Just seen this and thought apt

I’m not Anti Vax. I am

▪️Pro choice
▪️pro debate
▪️Pro science
▪️Pro personal responsibility
▪️Pro protecting, vulnerable & elderly
▪️Pro preserving societal freedom
▪️Pro democracy

This makes me dangerous in the age of Insanity

If whoever decides not to be vaccinated they are certainly not protecting the elderly or the vunerable and they are definitely not responsible scared more like.
Let's hope they never need ICU and a crowd funding

How can anyone refuse something but not be against it regardless of, it, what, were, but, why,
cake and eat it comes to mind.

In my eyes you are either for or against something. By refusing or denouncing whatever it may be means you are against it. Or you could be a fence sitter with little or no opinion but they don't count.
I say add it to the water like folic acid to bread
Jobs done

@overthefence @trevortron - I've not labelled either of you as anti-vaxx, or anti anything else tbf.
Totally accept that, I was referring to this post.

On other posts.
If whoever decides not to be vaccinated they are certainly not protecting the elderly or the vunerable and they are definitely not responsible scared more like.
Let's hope they never need ICU and a crowd funding
I don’t agree, the vaccine protects no one from catching covid nor was it meant to. It stops you getting seriously ill with it. So those at risk not vaccinated are the ones we need to focus on not healthy kids.
How can anyone refuse something but not be against it regardless of, it, what, were, but, why,
cake and eat it comes to mind.

In my eyes you are either for or against something. By refusing or denouncing whatever it may be means you are against it. Or you could be a fence sitter with little or no opinion but they don't count.
I say add it to the water like folic acid to bread
Jobs done
I dont think any of us have said we are not vaccinated. We are anti healthy 12-15 year old having it who are not at risk and won’t stop them getting covid and spreading it.
I think even AZ said there was no need for booster or vaccinating the whole population. We would benefit quicker but giving those doses to under developed countries.

Am I right in saying that once vaccinated there is a shorter period time for transmission which means less numbers can be infected. As I previously pointed out, social media has played a huge part it myth making and giving reason for the conspiracy theorist to get involved.

When I was a kid I never saw all this outcry with kids with the MMR, TB and chicken pox. If it's the testing of the Covid vaccine that's of concern what type of testing took place for MMR TB chicken pox back in the day ?, prehistoric but still healthy kids queued up by the dozen

Highlighted text is pure unadulterated bollocks I'm afraid.
The latest Technical Briefing on the Variants of Concern, number 23, has been published by Public Health England (PHE), so we can update our (unadjusted) estimates of vaccine effectiveness against the Delta variant using the data it includes from sequenced Delta samples from positive PCR test results in England.

As before, we subtract the figures in the latest briefing, now no. 23, from those in briefing 17 to give the figures for the period June 22nd to September 12th. This gives us a picture for the whole Delta surge, which allows for the fact that most of the early reported infections were in the unvaccinated and most of the later reported infections were in the vaccinated (see below). PHE has recently also published the most recent month’s data for all reported infections (not just sequenced Delta ones), which shows lower vaccine efficacy in the most recent four weeks (a new report released on Friday shows this has dropped even further in the most recent week). However, given the apparently delayed infections in the vaccinated, it seems most accurate to look at the figures for the whole surge, not just the last month, when estimating vaccine efficacy against Delta.

We also use figures for proportions of the population vaccinated by age derived from the PHE Covid surveillance reports.

Starting with the over-50s, for the period June 22nd to September 12th, PHE reports 68,445 Delta infections in the double vaccinated and 7,575 in the unvaccinated. PHE figures show that in this period the proportion of the over-50s double vaccinated increased from 87% to 89%, giving a mean of 88%, and the proportion unvaccinated was stable at 9%. Calculating the vaccine effectiveness against Delta infection in the over-50s (1-(68,445/88%)/(7,575/9%)) gives a figure of just 7.6%. This is down from 15% two weeks ago and 24% two weeks before that. This continues to be very different to the estimate in the recent Oxford University study using ONS survey data, a study which I criticised for numerous inconsistent and implausible findings.

With regard to deaths with Covid (within 28 days of a positive test), PHE reports 1,515 in the double vaccinated and 552 in the unvaccinated in the over-50s in this period. This works out (1-(1,515/88%)/(552/9%)) at a vaccine effectiveness against death of 72%, down slightly from 74% using data from the previous briefing. This is a 72% reduction in mortality including any reduced risk of infection, not in addition to it. It continues to be an encouraging figure, albeit lower than earlier studies have suggested, and dropping week on week.

For the under-50s, for the period June 22nd to September 12th, PHE reports 81,718 Delta infections in the double vaccinated and 195,957 in the unvaccinated. PHE figures show that in this period the proportion of under-50s double vaccinated increased from 18% to 42%, giving a mean of 30%, and the proportion unvaccinated decreased from 61% to 50%, giving a mean of 55%. Calculating the vaccine effectiveness against Delta infection in the under-50s (1-(81,718/30%)/(195,957/55%)) gives a figure of 24%. This is down from 27% two weeks ago and 37% two weeks before that, and though higher than in the over-50s, is still very low and much lower than earlier studies (including the trial) indicated.

For deaths, PHE reports 48 in the double vaccinated and 126 in the unvaccinated in the under-50s in this period. This works out (1-(48/30%)/(126/55%)) at a vaccine effectiveness against death of 30%. This is up from 20% two weeks ago and 12% two weeks before that, but is still very low and much lower than in the over-50s. This may be because higher risk people are prioritised for vaccination, or are more likely to consent to it, in the younger age groups, and the rising efficacy may reflect the increase in lower risk people being vaccinated.

These figures are much lower than those commonly quoted and used in modelling, and if they are closer to the truth then they mean the official, self-congratulatory estimates of “100,000 deaths” and “24.4 million infections” prevented by the vaccines are huge overestimates.

By plotting the differences between the reported total Delta cases in the last five briefings we can also get a picture of how they are changing over time in the different age and vaccine-status cohorts. The red and yellow lines in the chart below show that new reported Delta infections in the unvaccinated have continued gently to increase, as have reported infections in the vaccinated over-50s (dark green line). On the other hand, new reported Delta infections in the vaccinated under-50s dropped in the last two weeks, driving an overall drop in reported Delta infections in the vaccinated. This may mark the peak of the Delta surge in the vaccinated, and possibly overall, though the gentle rise in reported infections in the unvaccinated since the start of August adds a smidgen of doubt into that inference.

Back