usnet indexing

bigadec

Inactive User
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any Free usenet indexing sites, The one i used to is private now
Any ideas ?

Last edited:
If you are talking about newzbin, it has always been a pay-for site though ridiculously cheap. Its still hands down the the best indexing site out there though access is by invitation only now.

Else if you do a search on this site on NZB there are several hits for other sites.

You could also try sites like binsearch.

nzbsrus and nzb.org are alright

Everytime I opt to download with these free ones, they seem to be missing various file parts which is a shame.

Are you sure its not a problem with your news provider ?

Everytime I opt to download with these free ones, they seem to be missing various file parts which is a shame.

To be honest it is probably going to be your news hosting company...also if you are using your ISP's news groups they do not usually have very good retention so files will be missing.

I hope this helps.

Tony

Yeh it does mate.

The thing with newsgroups are that usually the free ones I find have files missing. I've never tried paid ones as I feel i'll be wasting money.

Usually, torrents get me a long way with TV shows and Movies and there are many sites out there to provide the service.

I've had a look at giganews and usenext but never used them, only free ones.

What do you think? I should have a try at using the paid ones or not?

I personally would recommend using newsgroups as it is so much easier and quicker...

If you want a free trial have a go here...

they are not bad....and they are cheap...also they use ssl which can only be a good thing...lol

Gimme a holler if you have any probs dude....

Yeh it does mate.

The thing with newsgroups are that usually the free ones I find have files missing. I've never tried paid ones as I feel i'll be wasting money.

Usually, torrents get me a long way with TV shows and Movies and there are many sites out there to provide the service.

I've had a look at giganews and usenext but never used them, only free ones.

What do you think? I should have a try at using the paid ones or not?

The free (e.g. ******) are shit. Retention (maybe 2 to 3 days) and completness (80% to 90% most of the time) is poor. The ISP are doing it for free effectivily, they are not charging extra for them, they will not reduce your fee removing them. In the US the big ISP have removed their own news servers.

There is NO comparison to the paid for ones. Giganews.com has between 190 and 200 days retention with over 99% completeness for $25 per month. Newshosting.com has around 70 days retention for $175 per year. Neither has download limits, both will max out your connection (even on 50mb connection).

As for NZB sites, the one you mention that is now closed to new anonymous members has over 150,000 NZB files available. To be honest even the free ones are good.

For me personally, there is no contest between torrents and usenet. If you are happy with torrents then stick them. They are free but they have risks associated with them and download speeds are variable.

If there any posting with viruses on usenet then 99% of the time it will get reported on the NZB sites as being infected. The downloads are more anonymous and as stated above, you are guaranteed download speed (well whatever your ISP can manage).

BTW: giganews do a 3 day, 10GB trail for free, though they will take your CC details and automatically sign you up unless you cancel. If you want to try the service out. If you want to sign up then let me know and you can put me down as the recommender.

Last edited:
I'll have a look at that giganews website mate, later on though. However, I don't have a credit card so I can't really order the 3-day trial. Hope they use paypal to accept payments!

Regards,
Fizsparky

I'll have a look at that giganews website mate, later on though. However, I don't have a credit card so I can't really order the 3-day trial. Hope they use paypal to accept payments!

Regards,
Fizsparky

You don't need a cfredit card to sign up for a free 3 day trial with Hitnews m8

Defo worth paying. The one above is only 7.5 Euros worth a go and if no good try another there are loads of them. The torrents are dodgy, you end up downloading stuff that isn't what it says it is full of viri (Virus's?)etc etc ng's are better imho

Last edited:
Hitnews is the best and cheapest European I have found, if they could only up the retention they would be the best. Completion and uptime are superb, and the cost is buttons.

They do a free 3 day trial with no signup

messa

Back