Using Subbed box with MOSC and tb not cut?

Superflous

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a friend who has an NTL box and pays minimum package. The box is subbed and he doesn't (obviously) want to tamper with it or cut talkback.

I was wondering - if I put one of those dodgey filters (which are advertised on ebay to get you free PPV) onto the back of the box, would this effectively cut talk back? The filters claim to stop a signal getting back to your cc so I assume they would work just like cutting tb.

I could then just program a spare MOSC card for him and he could enjoy all the channels with the option to switch back to an unmodified box at any time.

Would this work?

Last edited:
the info would stay on the box, so if he plugged it in without a working filter it would notify the cc of what was ordered/watched.

cric2k said:
Hi,

I have a friend who has an NTL box and pays minimum package. The box is subbed and he doesn't (obviously) want to tamper with it or cut talkback.

I was wondering - if I put one of those dodgey filters (which are advertised on ebay to get you free PPV) onto the back of the box, would this effectively cut talk back? The filters claim to stop a signal getting back to your cc so I assume they would work just like cutting tb.

I could then just program a spare MOSC card for him and he could enjoy all the channels with the option to switch back to an unmodified box at any time.

Would this work?

This is what will happen to your m8 in jail if he gets caught ......:BUMMER: lol

its simple mate never touch a subbed box. i wouldnt mess with it if i was u. nice one fatblerk. deffo that would hapen.lol

rite no problem, just clearing that one up! he could reset the jumpers etc but probably more hassle than its worth.

Ill tell him to put his hand in his pocket and get another box

My advise do not touch.

But to answer your question:

1) The filter would block the return path on the feed. With the filter on, the second light even flashes until you take it off. When I got one of these a long while back, I tested it by booking a film via tv on demand. Hey it worked. I didn't even watch it just wanted to try it out. Never got charged for it, until 3 months later. This was because, I had cc round, probs with phone line, so obviously, had to take it off just in case, the next bill came in, came with the film on it. The return path had upload the info.

2) So I've been told, the cc will know if your've tried to read their card.

Hope this helps peeps.......

Back