using mosc cards etc on eurovox ??

thomson

Inactive User
Reaction score
I was just wondering about this, I know the eurovox doesnt require a smartcard to get channels, BUT, can it actually use the likes of funcards, mosc cards etc etc, if not, then what is the card slot actually for ??

Last edited:
Interesting question... I'd also be interested in the answer to this.

i asked this in another forum and just got a silly answer..
saying it dont need a card lol
i know that
god help me please. im just after some info as to what type of cards would work and how we go about programming the card in question ie: what bk & ird if any so we have a au card externally not just an internal emulation of a card..
i put a mosc in the slot and in the menu it comes up unknown??
i then put a tit2 card in and it came up conax so atleast the slot is reading and knows the different cards??
anyone help on this ..
cheers

when voxes went down last thursday I put the funcard out of my dbox1 into vox v2 and it worked

v13 said:
when voxes went down last thursday I put the funcard out of my dbox1 into vox v2 and it worked
mmm
out of your dbox1
is that the 6in1 funcard files on it or different can you give more info on what your card was programed with and so on please.
as im interested in trying to get a working card on these boxs and even maybe a silverbox..

another strange thing..... theres a key update today but my vox is still on.
it works with update as well as old key

m8 thats pucka card works a treat how ya do that dam im impressed..
theres some channels that say scrambled but most important ones are there wicked.
i turned off emm and emulation and let card do its work and it has...
well done for that find ..

no problem m8, but why dont u update the keys on box?

i have done but just wanted to use the card slot lol
i thought its wasted just sat there all lonley lmao
think i wanted to see if it actually could work now i know..

linked said:
m8 thats pucka card works a treat how ya do that dam im impressed..
theres some channels that say scrambled but most important ones are there wicked.
i turned off emm and emulation and let card do its work and it has...
well done for that find ..

ok mate, please tell us all exactly how you got the cards to work, what type of cards and what settings etc need to be changed in the menu etc, ive tried a funcard,atmega and mosc card in it and all i get is a black screen and thats it.

And, if iam correct in thinking, if a funcard works in the eurovox then surley a mosc card with and autoupdate image would work too while we wait on this new flash coming out ???

in theory, pm me your addy and ill send files

depends what the original file is ie: no bk & ird so how do we implement that onto a mosc???
this is getting very interesting..

files wot u need

ive uploaded all files available fo evox, doesnt seem to be uploading tho ?mod?

v13 said:
in theory, pm me your addy and ill send files
cheers V13 :)

i got my old funcard and atmega card going now on eurovox2.

I know i dont need the cards for it to work but i just like to tinker about.

THANKS for sending the files.

Only thing i notice thats different from NOT using a card is that you get the "service is currently scrambled" message on screen for a second then it dissapears and the scrambled channel comes on , that happens as you move from one to another scrambled channel.

when i look in the menu at the card details, they appear to stay the same for both cards :>
Number : > MACH1 6
TYPE 0201
VERSION 1.2
STATE 0200
NATIONALITY NED.

I would love to know how and what you used to create the files, I take it for granted that your using summit like rst gen to create the files, but what baffles me is where do you get the boxkey & ird for your eurovox ??? you would need them to create one of the files.

v13 although there was a key roll yesterday (TW) the key was never active so it wouldnt make a difference to the box. If you are in another service area (NTL) can you confirm that the files au ? Also what did you use to make the files just very curious as this one has me stumped (not that that is too difficult).

no the card doesnt au, you need to update keys manually.
as for what made the files i dont know yet, it came with a dbox1, but ive contacted guy who gave me it to see if he knows any more about it.
i'll post when he gets back 2 me.

v13 said:
no the card doesnt au, you need to update keys manually.
as for what made the files i dont know yet, it came with a dbox1, but ive contacted guy who gave me it to see if he knows any more about it.
i'll post when he gets back 2 me.
yea post back on this a.s.a.p, cheers :Cheers:

still been unable to find out any info on files.
what im wondering is if you put the card in a box with the au fix would it update keys on card as well?

v13 said:
still been unable to find out any info on files.
what im wondering is if you put the card in a box with the au fix would it update keys on card as well?
i dont know if the AU image for the eurovox would be the same image you put on a mosc card, anyone know ?

Back