Using A Splitter for Dbox & TW Box

silvershadow21

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello,
VOD has arrived un my area tonight *north lanarkshire*, and as we all knew the front row has dissapeared.
My cable company is T*l*we*t. I had totally removed my cable companys box and was only using my dbox2, but tonight i tried out the cable box again
(removing the dox2 in the process). I found the Teleport could be quite good for catching up on programs you have missed during the week.

Question is..

If i use a splitter , and have my cable companys box & my dbox connected, how does the scart situation work.

I have two scart sockets on my tv, and connected to them at present, is

Dbox2, video, dvd player, using the usuall configuration. outside ariel into the back of the video lso.

would it now be possible to connect my TW box also, to allow me to take advantage of the Teleport. And if so,
how do you go about it

cheers

Tom

You should have you cable box connected aswell as your dbox, not sure how you have them now, but if you put dvd player in a scart on tv then cable box in video scart on dbox,then tv scart on dbox to video then video to other scart on tv,thats if you want to record from dbox or cable box to video.
then go in settings on dbox then in video then switch scart automatically to on.
that should do the trick.

Hi there

have just decided to connect up my cable box (TW) to my tv in the bedroom, as i have an internet connection in there. If i use a spltter and have one connection going to my modem, and the other to my cable box, would this have a noticeable effect when using the internet in any way.

I am currently on 4mb connection

cheers

You could have connected it using a standard rf lead and tuning it in manually. Then you could have left the scarts as they were.

de_deej

Back