User Permission Administrator Prob in Vista

GIO

Inactive User
Reaction score
below is the errors ive been getting trying to install All-In-One Driving Test 2007 on my daughters comp,its Vista she has on it.

Now ive googled it and tried a few things i found but still nothing is working.

I would be grateful if anyone had any ideas.

you must be running windows vista from an account with full administrative access. The setup application must now exit.

insufficient login account permissions detected.

cheers

gio

1st thing to try is right click and run as administrator.

If that doesnt work then you could go to control panel and turn off the user account control.

control panel/user account and family settings/go to account/security settings and turn of uac. It will need a reboot.

Or
start/run/ type msconfig and enter/tools/go to disable uac and then launch/a pop will appear and then disappear and then reboot.

FANTASTIC mate, this bit worked
control panel/user account and family settings/go to account/security settings and turn of uac. It will need a reboot.

pain in the arse some of the shit that comes with vista,
i still havent made the changeover myself yet.

i need to learn all the ins and outs of it first and then make the transition, thats a good word for a Saturday lol.

Thanx again
gio

Glad it worked m8.

Personally I went the other way and went back to XP. Don't like Vista at all as its a power hogger. By the time they get it anywhere near right, Windows 7 will be upon us. Lets hope they do a better job with that.

The reason for not running every app as admin is that if one of your application goes mad then it can't hose your whole system. Even in XP you should not be logging on with an admin level account unless you need to change a system setting.

Just common sense.

Back