Used car advice

Sorry to say vws are a car for extras,have you found out if timing belt was done? A quick visible look in through wheels one can see bad discs and worh out pads.I have found out our nct are not true to how good a car is.

Sorry Ian some garages like finding extra work ie you go in for a tyre and come out with new brakes and an exhaust all of which maybe unnecessary. What is on my mind is is this car has 12 Months MOT yet he needs two rear tyres now that is odd dont you think?.

I'm only thinking they need new tyres as the back tyres was an advisory on the MOT. The tread on them is superb but the walls are starting to crack.

I know what your saying @miggy but if you bought a cheapy i personally would like to know it was not a death trap so i would want a reputable garage to find faults if they were there. To be honest i wouldnt buy a cheapy in the first place as i need to know what my wife and grandkids go in is safe and reliable ;) An MOT is not a a guarantee as they can be hooky.

I'm only thinking they need new tyres as the back tyres was an advisory on the MOT. The tread on them is superb but the walls are starting to crack.
That could be due to under inflated tyres m8. A cracked tyre could and would turn into a gash at high motorway speeds so stay safe and get them changed. A good service would iron out any mechanical faults like brakes, fluid levels and general wear and tear and then you are safely good to go. Great little car by the way.

That could be due to under inflated tyres m8. A cracked tyre could and would turn into a gash at high motorway speeds so stay safe and get them changed. A good service would iron out any mechanical faults like brakes, fluid levels and general wear and tear and then you are safely good to go. Great little car by the way.

Yeah the tyres are worrying me a little, so those are top priority. I'm not planning on any motor way trips til they are sorted. The brakes had to be done by the last owner a it failed its MOT for them so I know they've been done.

Yeah the tyres are worrying me a little, so those are top priority. I'm not planning on any motor way trips til they are sorted. The brakes had to be done by the last owner a it failed its MOT for them so I know they've been done.
Nice mileage on it though.It will do that again if you keep up with the services.👍😉

I just looked at a used car in a dealership. I wore old clothes so that I could lie down and have a look under the car. I also took a haynes manual (any one will do) and I used the index as a checklist. Chances are the salesman won't like you if you look too closely, but just ignore him.

Back